SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I did a search but couldn't find what I was looking for. I am sure this has been discussed many times before, so if a thread does exist, please link me to it.

I currently have the Elevate tune on my C30 and love it....aside from the annoying torque limiter in 1st and 2nd.
It has been super reliable, with 70K km on the same tune without a problem.
I am trying to decide if I should try something different and get the Shark tune, or stick with Elevate.

Can users of either tune please give me your feedback? It would be awesome if someone had used both and could describe the difference between them.

Any input appreciated.
Thanks.

Also, I don't want this to turn into an Elevate/Don slagging contest as a lot of threads on SS seem to do. Please keep it only about the tunes.

·
Registered
388 Posts
So what's the problem, if the tune is working as advertised why would you spend another $700+ just to switch to Shark? Are you currently unhappy with the tune in some way?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not unhappy. Just wondering if it is better in any way. Even if I stick with elevate, I still have to fork out some cash, as the tune is going on a different car.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
I'm curious as well, but I guess what more could another tune really even offer with such limited power.

"Embody god... Then go crazy"

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
both are good and reliable. elevate's is via autotech so you may have to wait and be patient (can take a few days-weeks from what i've heard). shark is direct from shark so the service is incredibly fast (got mine <12 hours) and any tweaks (removing torque limiters) or adjusting throttle response are available/offered if you don't like what's initially sent. got my shark tune during an introductory offer so the price was better... if prices were same, i'd still pick shark due to the arguably quicker/better service

Not unhappy. Just wondering if it is better in any way. Even if I stick with elevate, I still have to fork out some cash, as the tune is going on a different car.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
i like the shark tune. the company is easy to work with. contact juha in minnesota from shark.us. He was great with me... there was a slight problem uploading to tune but he was able to fix it very shortly-- minutes,, not hours or days.
i havent driven one with the autotech tune... and honestly i bet they are both pretty similar.
if you get the shark tune, get the 'normal' throttle mapping- dont get aggressive. and if there are things you want to change, im sure they will work with you and i dont think they charge for minor adjustments... for example, if you ordered aggressive throttle map and wanted to switch to normal because you didnt like it. shark is doing lots of cool things these days it would seem if you follow them on facebook or something, im not sure what autotech is up to anymore.
i cant compare side by side, but MNIWT may have driven cars with both tunes...

anyway feel free to ask anything about the tune and ill try to answer. i wouldn't go around promoting shark so much if i hadn't had a positive experience.
at the end of the day, the tunes are probably very similar, but it'd be cheaper to stick with autotech because you already have the handheld they use and you'd just need to buy a new tune. shark may be able to let you partially remove the limiter in 1st and 2nd-- you may be able to customize how much boost you want to hit in those gears... bump it up to 11psi maybe instead of 7/8psi... that'd be pretty cool. but just ask them, im sure theyll let you know what they can do.
If you live near Minneapolis, you could save money and get the tune in their shop instead of over the internet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts