1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
445 Posts
It will increase your boost, but that tune might be incompatible with your current mods, things like a modified exhaust require a proper tune to run with and especially if there is no cat. For exemple i cannot add a custom downpipe to my stage 2 BSR tune since the tune is tuned with the EST catback and the stock downpipe, my car will run lean if i add a custom downpipe which is bad for the car. I need to wait until BSR sets a stage 3 tune to get an upgraded downpipe.

The increases will be noticeable but dont expect it to be that huge, you'll probably get 20+psi of boost instead of the stock 16, it depends on their tune. You should contact them and ask at what the boost is set on this tune, but if i were you i would get a tune that works with your current catless exhaust because if the elevate tune is programmed with the stock exhaust and cat you will have problems and the car might not run properly.

To increase the power output of an engine, we modify the file maps which control turbo boost (on turbocharged cars), ignition timing, fuel delivery, and throttle response. By adjusting these parameters specific to your fuel octane, your engine will be optimized to produce maximum power and efficiency - See more at: https://www.elevatecars.com/store/v...nce-software-tuning.html#sthash.VAE52UOC.dpuf
As you can see in this quote, you really need to ask elevate if their files are programmed on a bone stock R, ask them how much boost increase their tune gives and if its compatible with external exhaust mods, it's really important.

I havent seen a lot of people running the elevate tune so i dont know how good it is.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
It wont deliver promised results. And its far from optimum and maximum. I bought their tune long ago.
I even told them my mods (dp, intake, fmic etc), but these changes were not adressed in the tune file.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my sig isn't updated yet but I actually got rid of the catless down pipe and im back to the oem one, I just have a res delete as of now.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Would a Hilton tune be a better option? It is alot cheaper.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Hilton does good work I have yet to see someone unhappy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
445 Posts
I would go for the Hilton tune, good reviews and i heard great things about it.

They offer various stage tunes depending on your current mods, definatly go with Hilton instead of elevate.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Ipd are good tunes more of an off the shelf tune though Hilton uses vida logs from your car to create a custom tune

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
He made his own logger that is far superior than VIDA or anything else out there.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
He made his own logger that is far superior than VIDA or anything else out there.
Didn't know that but that's interesting

·
Registered
157 Posts
I thought all their (Hilton) tunes and logging were thru a VIDA via their own integrated software. It's the route I will go if it allows me to tune myself...

·
Registered
103 Posts
How about IPD tune?
I recently got a tune from IPD and I'm very satisfied, although I plan to write a proper review once I spend more time w/ it on the track. So far I only had a session and a half (month and a half ago) during wet conditions, so I'm yet to see what it will do for me on the track. I'm also yet to dyno the setup. I needed a tune that can be reliable on the track (e.g., 50+ laps on road tracks), and decided to go w/ IPD. I was also thinking of Hilton and Autotech (Elevate) as I've heard great things about both, but IPD definitely convinced me when I talked to them about their tune and what I wanted from it.

In terms of how the tune performs in 'normal' driving conditions, it certainly is more 'linear' and predictable (something I was missing with the stock tune) in feel, as well as more efficient. I just did a 2500 mile trip averaging over 29mpg (although this was certainly not part of my requirements when thinking of a tune).

BTW, I have their IP and catback, and Snabb's FMIC.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
I recently got a tune from IPD and I'm very satisfied, although I plan to write a proper review once I spend more time w/ it on the track. So far I only had a session and a half (month and a half ago) during wet conditions, so I'm yet to see what it will do for me on the track. I'm also yet to dyno the setup. I needed a tune that can be reliable on the track (e.g., 50+ laps on road tracks), and decided to go w/ IPD. I was also thinking of Hilton and Autotech (Elevate) as I've heard great things about both, but IPD definitely convinced me when I talked to them about their tune and what I wanted from it.

In terms of how the tune performs in 'normal' driving conditions, it certainly is more 'linear' and predictable (something I was missing with the stock tune) in feel, as well as more efficient. I just did a 2500 mile trip averaging over 29mpg (although this was certainly not part of my requirements when thinking of a tune).

BTW, I have their IP and catback, and Snabb's FMIC.
Thanks for your review.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts