SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For guys who are running the round blue Elevate upper engine bushing, how has it held up for you?

I'm thinking about getting one for my R, but am very wary of any product that is sold by Elevate, given their less than stellar reputation (ie, honoring the "lifetime warranty" should it fail)

For what its worth, I don't want IPDs. This is because I've heard way too many reports of it failing outright in under a year and ending up softer than the stock bushing. The other option would be the Powerflex one from EST or Viva.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
I have the Elevate black square mount. I've had it about 6 months I believe and everything is peachy. It seems solid? I too am weary of Elevate products, but this seems to be good quality and I haven't heard anything about them getting absurdly worn.

·
Registered
2005 S60R, 2021 XC60 T6 Inscription AWD
1,416 Posts
do the transmission mount too when doing the other one. My transmission mount went from fine to complete junk quickly after putting poly up top.

I am installing the poly lower tomorrow, hoping that the smaller bushing is still good on it though as I just ordered the bigger one.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
azureous, please stay on topic.

Thanks for the replies so far guys, keep 'em coming!

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have the Elevate square black bushing ... It's solid and I couldn't be happier ... I am 100% PRO Elevate ... I have their radiator hoses, mount, DP, race exhaust, springs, and Autotech tune ... My experience with them has been amazing ... Don has really gone out of his way to answer any / every question I've had ... And the quality is unsurpassed.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK great, thanks for the feedback!

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
do the transmission mount too when doing the other one. My transmission mount went from fine to complete junk quickly after putting poly up top.

I am installing the poly lower tomorrow, hoping that the smaller bushing is still good on it though as I just ordered the bigger one.
I ended up doing both of the bushings in the lower mount. I got the iPd poly upper and iPd replacement lower unit (the one that comes with the poly bushing pre-installed). This one leaves a regular rubber bushing in the smaller position... it was shredded in six months. I cut that out and stuck a Powerflex in the small hole, now all three are poly and they seem to be holding up just fine.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
not all elevate/evolve products are bad, many are quite good. their poly mounts are fine and their dp/exhaust are a quality items- just crazy expensive (especially the DP imo), their new sway bars are good too. Their new tune done by autotech is also good.

Their old tune done by powerchip and poor fitment of body kits (many aftermarket kits fit this category though) isn't good. They had a poor design and failure of some of the old old sway bars which they initially sold but changed the design after the failures. That, along with the inability to get ahold of them sometimes when you need it is where most of the bad reputation you've heard about comes. It's not all bad. Evolve/elevate is a smaller shop as well, they don't have the staff that ipd does so you get the good and the bad.

·
Registered
2005 S60R, 2021 XC60 T6 Inscription AWD
1,416 Posts
I ended up doing both of the bushings in the lower mount. I got the iPd poly upper and iPd replacement lower unit (the one that comes with the poly bushing pre-installed). This one leaves a regular rubber bushing in the smaller position... it was shredded in six months. I cut that out and stuck a Powerflex in the small hole, now all three are poly and they seem to be holding up just fine.
what powerflex bushing is that? Turns out the bad part of my mount is the smaller one and not the larger. Where did you get it?

Also one of the bolts sheared today when taking it out. Not happy about it at all. complete failure trying to fix this issue and need to go at it again

·
Registered
4,001 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
what powerflex bushing is that? Turns out the bad part of my mount is the smaller one and not the larger. Where did you get it?

Also one of the bolts sheared today when taking it out. Not happy about it at all. complete failure trying to fix this issue and need to go at it again
I bought mine from Eurosport Tuning since they're Canadian (no friggin' UPS customs fees), but VIVA has 'em too. atacamaR has already pointed out that it's #11 on the Powerflex diagram.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts