SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
So long as you take care of your car it's worth it. There are a lot of benefits to putting an exhaust on a car. Increased power, fuel economy, etc etc.

If you are on the fence because of price EST is having a sale on their exhausts and a lot of people here love them.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So long as you take care of your car it's worth it. There are a lot of benefits to putting an exhaust on a car. Increased power, fuel economy, etc etc.

If you are on the fence because of price EST is having a sale on their exhausts and a lot of people here love them.
yeah...their sale was what made me look into exhausts again
now if only they were a tad cheaper....

·
Registered
2005 S60 T5 M66 with 4c
792 Posts
The price the EST exhaust and DP is going for is pretty good, when you compare it to any other stainless steel exhuast manufactured (not ebay knockoffs) for almost any car. Many people have the EST exhaust and are happy with their purchase. If you want it to be cheaper, look at the IPD and ViVa exhaust prices! I will be replacing my whole system with an EST system when the time comes (rust eats through the OEM system).

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
Elevate will be louder and flows and bit more from what I have heard but is overkill for what most people need. Also has a slightly larger tip than most other systems.

100K on a volvo is just broken in man, feel free to start modding. Exhaust and ECU tune would make a big difference in the performance and driving experience, like a new car.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
yeah...their sale was what made me look into exhausts again
now if only they were a tad cheaper....
The only cheaper you're gonna get is OBX.

As far as the OBX Downpipes go, they aren't bad way I understand. But I wouldn't bank on their cat backs at all. But the average price for an S60 cat back exhaust system is roughly $750-$800. So the EST is a hell of a bargain right now tbh.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the inputs. my car is telling me to go for it but my bank is telling me to wait....i wonder who will win....

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I say go for it - the govenment will always print more money for us.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
You'll need new software to benefit from the increased flow of the exhaust.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
You'll need new software to benefit from the increased flow of the exhaust.
Don't feed him false information. Granted a tune will help, but it would help on a stock exhaust system. Nothing in the exhaust system is directly controlled by the ECU. The spark/fuel delivery are controlled by the ECU. All the better flowing exhaust will do is help expel the exhaust some more. That's it.

I've installed countless exhaust systems on cars and trucks. From full header backs to simply catbacks. Never once have I heard something as absurd as "needing" new software to benefit from it.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Ease down tiger. The exhaust will help. Freeing up the flow on a turbo robs the engine of low end torque which makes the car feel like mud. A tune will help more by capitalizing on the benefits of more flow. That is fact. For the record, I don't care how many exhausts you've screwed up or what you haven't heard - that does not negate the truth. Now shut the **** up.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Adding a lower restriction downpipe/exhaust will eliminate low end torque on any engine, a turbocharged engine can be remapped to eliminate the low end torque loss. Basically adding an exhaust/downpipe will net you gains in the upper rpms but slight losses down low, but the gains are compounded upon with a tune and losses are eliminated.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Adding a lower restriction downpipe/exhaust will eliminate low end torque on any engine, a turbocharged engine can be remapped to eliminate the low end torque loss. Basically adding an exhaust/downpipe will net you gains in the upper rpms but slight losses down low, but the gains are compounded upon with a tune and losses are eliminated.
Exactly. But saying he won't see "any" benefit from an exhaust is just asinine. And he frequently is like that on people's posts.

Like I said. It won't be amazing performance from the exhaust, but it will still be a benefit to be had from it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts