SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has had good/bad experiences with these?

What has it done for the car as far as handling, tire wear, etc.

Pictures would be nice!!

How's the installation

Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts

·
Registered
7,272 Posts

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
It was Determined after close examination of several of these cheaper Costing SPC Link suddenly appeared after 3 yrs. - that the Chinese or SPC Build Vendor
had actually went into - Mass Production Mode . The Finish Quality wasn't quite as good , but the Parts still looked to be good . ( Personally I'd like some Test done )

There was Close Up examination of the Threads - which is one of the Important Area's - Those Passed on Visual Quality .

·
Super Moderator
15,165 Posts
I also have the Amazon ones. It's a modified daily driver, not a track car, so what really matters is keeping my camber as close to 0 as possible.

You don't need adjustable arms unless you have close to a 2" drop or more in the rear. I bought them because I was beginning to develop uneven tire wear with -2° of camber. If you set the camber to the extremes, it'll improve your turning. Most likely, you'll just want to keep thing vertical until you're at the track.

Installation was a PAIN for me. So much so, that I gave up and had a shop do it. Having them set to my desired camber was free though; despite having modified the suspension, Kaufman considered it under alignment warranty.

I don't think I have any good pics, sorry.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
so what really matters is keeping my camber as close to 0 as possible.

You don't need adjustable arms unless you have close to a 2" drop or more in the rear. I bought them because I was beginning to develop uneven tire wear with -2° of camber. If you set the camber to the extremes, it'll improve your turning. Most likely, you'll just want to keep thing vertical until you're at the track.

Not entirely accurate.
Yes you need rear camber arms if you lower your car because the camber will cause tire uneven wear.
However I don't believe the proper camber is 0°. Factory has a slight rear camber and that is actually better not only for stability but for tire wear as well. If you keep them at 0° you could have tire wear from excess turns. The recommend range for rear cambers is between -0.5° and -2.5°.
Mine is at -1.5°

FYI: front camber should be between 0.1° and -1.3° that said there isn't much you can do about that. My front right is at -1.5° so not great but close enough. My front left is within spec.

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
If He has 4 persons and a Dog in the Car usually then He's alright .

+1 TG - I'am set @ -1.0 Rear & Frt. -1.0 also . Going to have 4 Alignment done again Thou - looking at Bushings .

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for all the info!!

kind of off topic, but just like the Mazda 3, alot of our suspension components are interchangeable with the focus ST.

Is this true? If so what is interchangeable?

thanks guys

·
Super Moderator
15,165 Posts
Not entirely accurate.
Yes you need rear camber arms if you lower your car because the camber will cause tire uneven wear.
However I don't believe the proper camber is 0°. Factory has a slight rear camber and that is actually better not only for stability but for tire wear as well. If you keep them at 0° you could have tire wear from excess turns. The recommend range for rear cambers is between -0.5° and -2.5°.
Mine is at -1.5°

FYI: front camber should be between 0.1° and -1.3° that said there isn't much you can do about that. My front right is at -1.5° so not great but close enough. My front left is within spec.
"as close to 0" I'm still within factory specs, I just don't know the numbers off the top of my head. But -0.4 or -0.5 sounds about right. I agree, running right at zero would cause some serious issues on tire wear, as well as stress on the sidewalls.

I've heard that a lot of lowering springs don't mess up the camber too much. It's only the really low that need to worry. :confused: I'm sure you know more about this than I do though.

You can get adjustable camber plates for the front. I know Joseph from Miller Motoring is working on that for our cars right now, so he should have a solution soon.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
You can get adjustable camber plates for the front. I know Joseph from Miller Motoring is working on that for our cars right now, so he should have a solution soon.
That would be nice. I would not mind my front and right cambers to be balance and further more my right to be within spec. They have 0.5° of difference. Not that great for a car alignment but nothing to dramatic either.
I remember some discussion now about some using Mazda ones but I don't really know what came of it.
I also wonder how much you can really adjust so far from the knuckle and what that would do to the suspension bearing?...

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Going to continue to put my plug in for this: http://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-45K01...347&sr=8-2&keywords=ac+delco+rear+control+arm

Bought them this spring and have been so pleased with them! They are SPC arms in AC Delco packaging. There was some question as to whether or not these are legit, but I've run them for 5K and so far, so good! Make sure you buy 2 (price is for one on amazon).
So Vee, you have had good experiences with these now? I need some soon and these look good. How adjustable are they? more then enough? thanks!!

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Going to continue to put my plug in for this: http://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-45K01...347&sr=8-2&keywords=ac+delco+rear+control+arm

Bought them this spring and have been so pleased with them! They are SPC arms in AC Delco packaging. There was some question as to whether or not these are legit, but I've run them for 5K and so far, so good! Make sure you buy 2 (price is for one on amazon).
One of my credit cards just allowed the use of their reward points on Amazon. Just ordered these...FOR FREE.

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
So Vee, you have had good experiences with these now? I need some soon and these look good. How adjustable are they? more then enough? thanks!!
Yeah, great experience! I went from -2.1 to -0.6 with more adjustment left! One year later, still doing well.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
pricier than the amazon spc, but apparently easier to adjust and possibly better quality?
Adjustment looks to be identical...

·
Registered
1,591 Posts

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
Oh god, that guy again?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts