SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone tried either of these options on a stock T6 (non-rdesign) suspension?

What about swapping r-design springs onto a non-rdesign car?

Ride is currently stock except for IPD rear sway.

Looking for best bang for buck handling improvement without dropping $1500 on coilovers.

·
Registered
2004 S60R 6M - 2006 V70R 6M - 2014 XC60 R-Design OSD - 2015.5 XC70 T6 Platinum
1,796 Posts

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Anyone tried either of these options on a stock T6 (non-rdesign) suspension?

What about swapping r-design springs onto a non-rdesign car?

Ride is currently stock except for IPD rear sway.

Looking for best bang for buck handling improvement without dropping $1500 on coilovers.
I'd be interested in this too.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I put the H&R lowering springs on my 2013 R-Design. Loved the lower stance and center of gravity, but the stiffness of the ride drove me back to the stock RD springs after a year.The H&R springs are stiff enough to be pretty near harsh on compression, so then the stock rebound damping in the struts isn't quite enough, either.

I've previously used Eibach springs to lower a BMW X3, and they did not seem to stiffen the ride nearly as much (though that car did not have the HATED -- to me anyway -- low profile 20" wheels).

Anyhoo, I'm back to stock RD suspension now, plus the IPD rear sway bar, and pretty happy with what I now call my Collector Car (since the T6 engine has apparently left the building).

·
Registered
498 Posts
I put the H&R lowering springs on my 2013 R-Design. Loved the lower stance and center of gravity, but the stiffness of the ride drove me back to the stock RD springs after a year.The H&R springs are stiff enough to be pretty near harsh on compression, so then the stock rebound damping in the struts isn't quite enough, either.

I've previously used Eibach springs to lower a BMW X3, and they did not seem to stiffen the ride nearly as much (though that car did not have the HATED -- to me anyway -- low profile 20" wheels).

Anyhoo, I'm back to stock RD suspension now, plus the IPD rear sway bar, and pretty happy with what I now call my Collector Car (since the T6 engine has apparently left the building).

thanks for this. I was about to go with H&R and i'm glad i saw this post. Maybe i'll think about eibach now.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Likewise, thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts