SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone tell me about elevate manifold inlet. I was wondering if it really does add some hp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Will not add HP without a modified ECM Tune.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Cools the intake temps much better. Its mammoth compared to the stock intercooler. I do have the P* tune and added a TDI Box which actually made a very nice kick in the pants. I have many mods but they are all in preparation for a Stage 3 tune to take full advantage of the mods. Just need to justify $2K dollars for the tune. Car is already very quick. I recently added the Elevate intake Resonator Delete pipe and the sound is worth it, for me anyway. I'm looking at their new Turbo Recirculation valve as well. Also want to know what that new 3 piece intake for the T6 will cost, looks wicked on their FB posts.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cools the intake temps much better. Its mammoth compared to the stock intercooler. I do have the P* tune and added a TDI Box which actually made a very nice kick in the pants. I have many mods but they are all in preparation for a Stage 3 tune to take full advantage of the mods. Just need to justify $2K dollars for the tune. Car is already very quick. I recently added the Elevate intake Resonator Delete pipe and the sound is worth it, for me anyway. I'm looking at their new Turbo Recirculation valve as well. Also want to know what that new 3 piece intake for the T6 will cost, looks wicked on their FB posts.
Wow. Do you do most installations yourself ?

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Wow. Do you do most installations yourself ?

I do. This is the view most see

This is what I do on a daily. (not my car)

Originally I'm from up nearish you, Reston.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I do. This is the view most see

This is what I do on a daily

Originally I'm from up nearish you, Reston.
Why did you take the engine out? Oh Reston. I’m in Columbia. When are you coming down to Reston ?

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
That was a warranty engine replacement. Not my car. It was consuming oil and spun a bearing.
Not sure when I'll be back in VA, maybe over Christmas to visit my sister in Winchester.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That was a warranty engine replacement. Not my car. It was consuming oil and spun a bearing.
Not sure when I'll be back in VA, maybe over Christmas to visit my sister in Winchester.
Oh okay. Yea barely meet Volvo enthusiasts out here. Wish I could get Someone to work on cars with.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Not to be a dick, but Im going to be a dick, lol,
This is what you d see disappearing into the night very quickly. Then you d say, WTF !

Coming next spring to streets near me, Garrett gtx3071r gen 2 upgrade with all the little nasties to come along for the ride......yummy
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
296 Posts
Im sure it will but it will be minimal. It will help the engine breathe a little better, but there will be other bottlenecks in the flow. Intake piping, high flow air filter, larger MAF housing, TB, intercooler, piping to and from, head, valves, etc. Depending on what you are prepared to spend, I would invest in a better flowing exhaust as turbos HATE back pressure, and then i would add a water/methanol kit to drop IATs. Bigger gains for less dollars.

The more air you suck in the more you will need to push out the tailpipe.

Maximize this in/out and you have yourself a nasty ride.

·
Registered
296 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Then wrap the intake to shield the heat

·
Registered
296 Posts
If you have the money whole exhaust. Try to find a downpipe that has a tuning bung pre installed. Makes a lot easier to add a boost/afr etc.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If you have the money whole exhaust. Try to find a downpipe that has a tuning bung pre installed. Makes a lot easier to add a boost/afr etc.

I can’t seem to find many downpipes for T5. Do you have any suggestions you could recommend?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Elevate, mototec. ATP turbo

·
Registered
296 Posts
Ipd, fcp euro

1 - 20 of 20 Posts