SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Is the lower inlet manifold (polished) by Elevate a worthwhile upgrade without having the upper plenum or other substantial upgrades? Will the hp gain be seen from just this part alone?

Cheers.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
There has been dyno results yet however the guys that do have it have "felt" an increase in power. I say get the numbers to prove it otherwise it's bling for your engine

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk while on the toilet.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I would have to say no. I got the upper manifold and there was no difference at all.

I would say unless you upgrade your turbo, getting the upper/lower intakes is useless.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
I would have to say no. I got the upper manifold and there was no difference at all.

I would say unless you upgrade your turbo, getting the upper/lower intakes is useless.
I was thinking along the same lines. I think it is a mod for people who have done "everything else". For the rest of us, keep saving for a K16 :D

·
Registered
2,014 Posts

Here is text from Autotech page (http://atechmotor.com/volvo/c30/t5/motor/elevate-insug/):

På en original T5-motor ger det 14 hk och 18 Nm. På en mer trimmad motor har det lämnat 26 hk och 30 Nm. ->
On an original T5 engine gives 14 hp and 18 Nm. On a more tuned engine, it has made ​​26 hp and 30 Nm

I doubt you can feel 14 hp on your butt dyno, you probably won't feel 26 hp either if you add it to 385 that you arleady have with K16 turbo, but upper manifold may come handy with higher turbo pressure.

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
I wouldn't bother until you did a turbo upgrade or were attempting peak numbers with the stock K04. Take ur plenum off and hit it with a dremel you will yield similar results lol

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I wouldn't bother until you did a turbo upgrade or were attempting peak numbers with the stock K04. Take ur plenum off and hit it with a dremel you will yield similar results lol
That's sort of what I was going for, but I've come to realize that this car is still too slow for my liking :\

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
On an original T5 engine gives 14 hp and 18 Nm. On a more tuned engine, it has made 26 hp and 30 Nm

I doubt you can feel 14 hp on your butt dyno, you probably won't feel 26 hp either if you add it to 385 that you arleady have with K16 turbo, but upper manifold may come handy with higher turbo pressure.
i think im still gonna get it... just need some monay

1 - 8 of 8 Posts