SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question is, will it line up? The only diffuser available for us seems to be heico but I'm not a fan of the quad exhaust. So I was thinking to combine elevate with heico but I need your help here. Those with the heico diffuser, ckimpel, dimi1978 and maybe others, could you measure the position of the center of the cut out from the center of the car and how wide they are? I can get the exhaust specs from Don, or maybe fransicd can measure the width of the elevate tip?

·
Registered
110 Posts
The cut outs are 7" wide and roughly 31" from cut out center to cut out center or 15.5" from the car center.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Does Heico exactly sell the diffuser separately? I could only find the package with the exhaust and very pricy by the way..

·
Registered
110 Posts
Not sure... Shoot them an e-mail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
224 Posts
A few things:

The center to center distance (between the pipes) on the system I have (from Elevate) is about 41 3/4". The tips themselves are 4" wide by a hair under 3" tall.

Now that said, the system is supposed to be stainless, but the exhaust hanger is already quite corroded (the one that's part of the exhaust, not the car chassis) and is obviously not stainless. Also, I think the tips (which are just held on by a clamp, they aren't welded on) aren't what i'd expect at this price point, they are just basic stamped steel shells. Lastly, it's a relatively loud system so if you don't want to hear your exhaust note at cruise, I'd look elsewhere for something more moderate.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So it's 41 3/4 on the exhaust, and 31 on the diffuser and 2" to spare on both sides of the tip. Looks like we don't have a match...

I am happy you told me about the noise because I have been focusing on the elevate exhaust and even sent Don an email this morning. I do a lot of top down driving and I don't want the noise to be overwhelming. It should just be there when you really step on it. The quality is off course concerning as well. Back to the drawing board.

·
Registered
224 Posts
So it's 41 3/4 on the exhaust, and 31 on the diffuser and 2" to spare on both sides of the tip. Looks like we don't have a match...

I am happy you told me about the noise because I have been focusing on the elevate exhaust and even sent Don an email this morning. I do a lot of top down driving and I don't want the noise to be overwhelming. It should just be there when you really step on it. The quality is off course concerning as well. Back to the drawing board.
This is the piece in question:

Also, my shop had to get the pipes flanged as they didn't come with an inner/outer diameter so they could fit together.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
i like how the borlas sound on the youtube clips

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm no expert but that doesn't look to pretty. I guess as long as it's only a bit of surface rust and doesn't get much worse it should be ok no?

I listened to the c30 soundclips again, this time with headphones, and indeed the elevate is pretty load and the Borla is very throaty. I like the snarl of the Kpax but I believe that isn't available for the C70. Does anybody have the mototec/Eurosport exhaust? It comes in sport and touring. What other options are there for us?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts