SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2005 V70R with the Elevate Aftermarket Exhaust- link here:

http://www.elevatecars.com/elevate-...elevate-volvo-v70r-turbo-sport-exhaust-system

I live in Richmond VA, would be interested in either trading for an original exhaust system + cash.

Vehicle has 54,000 miles and the exhaust looks fairly new, I am the third owner and the second owner owned for 2 years, imagine the system has been on the car for about a year or so. Looks great,

Would part with the entire system for $500 or OBO

Thanks
Tom

·
Registered
998 Posts
I have a stock S60R Catback, will that fit your VR?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry about that Maxenar, just read your post again, but I am not sure if the S60R would fit given length? How much are you asking? I will have to do a little research, or if someone else can answer that would be great,

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
The SR would be a bit short, BUT if you did the resonator delete you could easily get around that issue by just adding the length in the replacement pipe section.

As for the Elevate exhaust fitting on the SR, just cut out some length.

·
Registered
998 Posts
The SR would be a bit short, BUT if you did the resonator delete you could easily get around that issue by just adding the length in the replacement pipe section.

As for the Elevate exhaust fitting on the SR, just cut out some length.
Thanks for the clarification bud. :) I'm actually giving my catback away for free...if you pick it up from me in Dallas, TX. Problem is there are a number of parties involved, but I don't know how to ship them at a good rate, especially since the exhaust is one entire damn thing.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Thanks for the clarification bud. :) I'm actually giving my catback away for free...if you pick it up from me in Dallas, TX. Problem is there are a number of parties involved, but I don't know how to ship them at a good rate, especially since the exhaust is one entire damn thing.
If you were to ship it, shrink wrap it to a pallet & send it freight.

OP, not wanting to kill a sale, since I know SOMEONE will jump all over this, but can you get a large-diameter resonator that can be welded into the Elevate exhaust that will quiet it down some w/o killing the extra power it frees up? Ex: does a T6 engine use a larger pipe/resonator??

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
I have a stock V70R exhaust laying in my garage, I also have access to a Fedex corporate account and would be willing to ship the exhaust via freight for relatively cheap.

I assume the elevate exhaust breaks down into multiple smaller pieces that would be shippable in a large box?

I don't want to waste your time if you'd rather not worry about the hassle of shipping, but if you are in fact interested send me a PM and we can discuss details.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have an 06 VR showing up next week, planning on putting aftermarket exhaust on it, if you are interested please let me know.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
What did you end up doing with the exhaust? You have exactly what I am looking for.

Sean
Sean. FWIW. Check with george with Viva..he indicated he had a slightly used elevate system for sale. Hope it helps

1 - 14 of 14 Posts