SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if the 2020 still has the electronic rear seat folding controls? I don't see it in any packages and the owner's manual has stripped out those instructions to only show manual loweringI

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
That is correct. The electronically folding rear seats are not available for the 2020 XC40.

Power folding rear seats were part of the Premium Package for the 2019 XC40 Momentum and standard equipment on the 2019 XC40 R-Design and Inscription models.

Power folding rear headrests are part of the new Convenience Package for the 2020 XC40 Momentum and standard equipment on the 2019 XC40 R-Design and Inscription models.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Crap. Any idea why?

I'm sure it sounds silly, but that was one of the big reasons my wife ordered the XC40. She plays the cello, and has a hard time (because of physical ailments) with her current car with manually lowered backrests.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
That's an interesting option to remove. I wonder why... long term issues with getting broken? Maybe cost cutting?

·
Registered
11 Posts
It makes perfect sense to me. A lot of times I hit the buttons in the cargo area without checking to see if there's something on the back seats. It's very easy to damage the seat or whatever's on it doing it this way.

Folding the backrest down manually pretty much eliminates any damage because you're already looking at the seat.

·
Registered
997 Posts
It makes perfect sense to me. A lot of times I hit the buttons in the cargo area without checking to see if there's something on the back seats. It's very easy to damage the seat or whatever's on it doing it this way.

Folding the backrest down manually pretty much eliminates any damage because you're already looking at the seat.
Well that is just stupid user error...

·
Registered
55 Posts
in my 2019 Momentum without the optional package you couldnt even fold down the rear headrests! they were stuck in place like that. talk about a stupid design.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Yes it is. But it does happen.
Yeah had it happen to me this week. I keep a folded rug on the back seats. I forgot about it as I couldn't see it from the boot. I couldn't work out why the seat back wouldn't flip down so I pushed it down manually in the end and it must have trapped the rug. Glad to say the flip button does actually work after my school boy error.

·
Registered
32 Posts
This was actually one of the features I was looking forward to in the 2020, it was one of those little extra things Volvo had thought about. It's a pity they removed it, if would have been extremely useful to me.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
170 Posts
I don't know if the XC40 is overlapping too much with other models features and how much this is effecting XC60 sales but I hope Volvo don't go taking out too many premium features. I really like my cool electric flip seat buttons which make folding the seats a breeze.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

Just got deliver of my 2020 XC40 as well and I have the T5 R Design. No sign of the electronic fold down seat buttons. But can anyone confirm if there is still the fold down head rest feature? I don't find that icon anywhere on my Sensus app...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts