SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Electronic Throttle System Software Upgrade<br>Item: SMB25-155-2006-03-20 Page Count: 3 <br>ETM software upgrade - Service Campaign 155<p>Anyone know what this one's about?

·
Registered
773 Posts
Re: Electronic Throttle System Software Upgrade (dawghouse)

You need to search the forum for this, there is a locked thread on electronic throttle modules.<p>Volve has an extended warranty on the -01 ETM's, and part of the warranty is this service campaign 155. It is step 2 of the package to solve some of the ETM problems. The ETM is a piece of ^h^t and Volvo is taking forever to fix it. This package is supposedly to change the way the ETM is operated by the ECU, and to lessen the wear on it. My dealer told me last night that it was released March 7, and they have probably upgraded 150 cars since then, and on some of them, it has stopped the symptoms that were causing complaints. To me, that simply means that the ETM is failing, but it will now work a little longer before quitting for good. My car has already had the ETM replaced, so I'm going to schedule this free update in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
7,737 Posts
Sounds like a ploy by Volvo to get your car just over the extended warranty period so they don't have to pay for the replacement part....again. I'm not impressed. Some people on other sites are claiming less performance since the software upgrade and those with chipped ECU's are claiming that their programming was wiped out...don't know about IPD's programming yet. I've not seen anything definitive.

·
Premium Member
5,856 Posts
Re: (MadeInJapan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>MadeInJapan</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sounds like a ploy by Volvo to get your car just over the extended warranty period so they don't have to pay for the replacement part....again. I'm not impressed. Some people on other sites are claiming less performance since the software upgrade and those with chipped ECU's are claiming that their programming was wiped out...don't know about IPD's programming yet. I've not seen anything definitive. </TD></TR></TABLE><br>not quite, after having my ETM replaced with the "updated" version, performace was never the same. The car didn't run as smooth as it did before, this software upgrade is supposed to fix this. Volvo got so many complaints about performance that they finally looked into it and updated the software.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts