SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Monday, I was waiting to go through the car wash. After using the auto down to roll down the window, my window refused to go back up. A simple restart of the car fixed it and it hasn't happened again. Last night, my mom said the blinkers stopped working and again, a simple restart of the car worked after she bought some coffee. 2 weeks ago, the auto climate control stopped working as the air recon and AC lights were flashing on and off and I had to manually adjust the fan and heat settings. Again, a simple restart of the car fixed things.

Anyone have this happen to them before? I don't have a OBDII reader, but there's no errors or anything on the dash board.

·
Registered
63,541 Posts
Sounds like a bad ground somewhere but I'm fishing

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
This ^^^

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The problem of the failing blinkers has been solved. A simple hit the 4 way flashes hard with your fist fixes it. Must be something loose in there. 2nd or 3rd time we've had this problem with the 4 way flashes where punching it fixes it. It happened today, and the fix was found today. Of course, the other fix is to manually flash the blinkers myself, but that's impossible to do with malfunctioning 4 way flashers. :p

As for the auto climate control and power windows not working, hasn't happened again. Let's see if the problem occurs more frequently, then we'll fix it if need be.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Turn signal issues associated with a failed hazard switch is fairly common on S70. I think
replacing the hazards switch should fix it. More details here:.

http://www.justanswer.com/car/0krv8-turn-signals-volvo-s70-stopped-working.html

The climate system has it's own stand-alone electronics. You even need a special code
reader to pull the codes. A flashing light after starting the car is not that uncommon
(from my 14 years ownership of a 98 S70). It would happen a few times a year. But
it always cleared itself and I never had to replace anything.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The hazard switch costs $60 on FCP. Probably same for labour.... I'm gonna see if I can find something used >.>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts