SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just to add to the issues!

Lets start with the top... is there such thing as electrifying the car?
Cleaned the car for about 3 hours on sunday and 3 days later what do i find? a fox with muddy paws has decided to do a dance on the car.
Left prints all over

Second issue, travelling around 110mph and i see a few school kids on the bridge. dont think anything of it as it is school time...
few seconds later i stone hits the windscreen.
initially a small crack but at 110mph that wasnt going to last. the crack soon increased to cover a lot of the drivers side.

got a new screen last monday to find he brought the old S40 screen and without wiper sensor bit.

finally last thursday he replaced it. apparently it was not the easiest job on the s40 and he actually managed to smash the entire screen trying to remove it.

and that then moves me back to the 3 hour clean trying to get rid of any small pieces of glass
... maybe i could put the glass on the car and let the foxes step on them!

rant over

Anyway heres a few pics on how a S40 looks without a windscreen... notice the mirror dangling to remove it and also notice the windscreen totally smashed in one of the pics where hes putting it in the van

·
Registered
547 Posts
Re: Electrifying the car... + broken windscreen :) (Akash)

Quote, originally posted by Akash »
travelling around 110mph and i see a few school kids on the bridge

I hope those kids werent anywhere close to you....

·
Registered
137 Posts
You shoulda taken that exit, drove up the bridge and done some kid whippin'. But oh well.... Karma Points..

One day, one of those kids will have a nice Volvo and some kid will throw a rock at it.... karma points man...

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Insurance did cover most of the cost but I still had to pay 80GBP which was something I really did not need.

Only had the car a month! I'm feeling like changing it again for a S60 now as I want an Auto but at 2.4 on petrol, shes drinking too much petrol. s60 auto on diesel... great But i dont like the s60 shape, atleast not for a 21 year old!
ahh decisions decisions!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts