SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had an electrical short in the circuit the supports the electric seat warmers & mirrors. I have brought the car into Volvo service numerous times (during other maintenance) to have this issue trouble shot! I have paid for at least 5 hours of labor without any resolution. If anyone has any suggestions on how I can fix this electrical short I would be most grateful.

Regards;
CLP

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had a problem with the mirror and seat heater fuse continually shorting as well. A mechanic recommended installing a circuit breaker in place of the 25 amp fuse as a quick fix. However, after further investigation, while replacing a corroded cig. lighter plug in, I realized that there is a poor connection with the wire harness from the seats and miirrors to the wire harness that goes toward the engine to the cpu. ( this is under the console) I successfully repaired the intermittant connection with a zip-tie around the plastic harnesses and joined them together snug. I also used the circuit breaker and have not had problem since. good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.