SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
765GLE Turbo Wagon

Fan blower stopped working a couple weeks ago; Power windows had some sort of an 'intermittent' in them to where the only way I could get them to work was to 'bang' with my hand on the center console panel on the side that the relays are on (passenger side of the console). I'm not sure, but I think doing that may have damaged or broken the relay for the heater/air conditioning fan blower. If I'm reading my Haynes & Chiltons manuals correctly, it's the one marked "J" (but the manuals show the relay panel as being under the radios on the front side of the center console, not on the passenger side, so I could easily be looking at the wrong relay.

Approximate parts cost for the fix?

Mike Belanger

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
George Dill........or anyone??

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts
Your 765GLE (SE) Turbo is approaching age 25 - time for a full check of all electrical connections, grounds, wires, etc.

Once you are sure all fuses are in order start by unplugging/replugging one relay at a time with the ignition switch "ON" while listening for any clicks and/or whirs. With all relays in place and the key "ON" operate the switches for the windows and heater/ac blower along with other accessories.

While playing with the relays check for water damage.

Oddball relays are no longer cheap but many have applications for other non-Volvo models and are found online once the part numbers are confirmed.

The blower motor electrics have internal resistors which can fail resulting in fewer or no blow speeds.

George Dill

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Turns out that it WAS the blower itself that 'died'. The local shop replaced the blower and it works well now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts