SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight driving the car I noticed the ABS and STC lights came on, then SRS, then the car began to stumble, lights dim, and essentially died in our friends' driveway. When I tried to restart, all lights in car (dash, interior, exterior) flashed and I could hear the solenoid engaging but the car would not turn over. Waited a few minutes and car started normally and got it back on the road. Shortly afterward, the same problem happened and somehow was able to coast the car into my driveway. I checked and there are no codes stored. ETM was replaced 14k miles ago- car has 121k on it now.<p>I am thinking that it is the ignition switch but would appreciate others' thoughts. By chance could it be the ABS module?<br><BR><BR>
<i>Modified by Wayne T5 at 5:31 AM 6-28-2009</i>

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Re: Electrical Problem (Wayne T5)

<br>If you suspect the ignition, give it some jiggling when the problem appears.<br>Although, in the situation that you describe, I would also consider the battery, connections and cables.

·
Registered
13,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Electrical Problem (BEJinFbk)

Thanks- I am starting to think it may be the alternator or voltage regulator. I was able to jump start the car this morning in the driveway and it runs for maybe a minute then dies. I need to figure out how to test the alternator as it is pretty buried in there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts