SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I've been having multiple electrical issues with my 2007 S60R MT 6-speed.

Issues that happen pretty regularly:
1) The Air Recycle button will randomly turn itself off.
2) The Cruise Control won't work. I'll have to turn off the ignition and turn it back on.

Issues that used to be a problem, but somehow fixed themselves:
1) When we bought the car, the headlights did not work propery, they pointed almost directly down. We replaced the leveling senor (twice), per dealership recommendations, and that didn't help. We had to drive with the high beams on to get any visability at all, but it still wasn't quite what we needed. We took it to the dealership 3 times and other mechanic shops several times, and no one was able to figure out the problem. The headlights were an issue for over a year. Then one day, they started working just fine. They've been working for about 4 months now.

2) For the two months before the headlights started working, the fuel door latch stop working. It wouldn't lock the fuel door. I checked all fuses, they were fine. Naturally, I thought the latch had gone bad and was going to buy a new one. For some reason, two or 3 months after the headlights started working, the fuel door latch started working all on its own. I never replaced the latch or a fuse.

Thanks,
Any insight would help.

·
Registered
272 Posts
black magic

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I would check if sunroof drains are clogged with debris. Sounds like a old water issue on the cem.

Sent from my Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
430 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Without having a wiring diagram for the car in front of me, I would hazard a guess that there might be a shared ground point or power supply with a poor connection (or water ingress as burg_855t suggested) giving you some electrical gremlins.

·
Registered
635 Posts
1) might not be a problem, it's designed to go back to auto after a period of time, at least on my wife's c70 that's the design

2) sum recal with headlight on is in your future

3) fuel door only locks at 30mph or something

Sent while in DEFCON Brown.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.