SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently i have been having a few electrical issues with my car and i cant figure out whats wrong. On occassion my sunroof, door locks, and cabin lights wont work. When i try to use any of them they all dont work. If i wait a while or maybe turn the car off and then go for a drive a few hours later they work again. Any ideas what the issue could be? Its not all the time either, its only on occassion.<p>thanks,<br>Ryan

·
Registered
404 Posts
Sounds like possibly a failing CEM (central electronics module), although sometimes the UEM (upper electronics module) often have issues where they "freeze" kind of like your home pc and need to be reset in order to restore functionality. You can quickly do this by pulling the fuse for the UEM and seeing if that works. I can look up the fuse number if you provide me with your year model.<p>If you reset it though, and it still repeatedly fails, its probably time for a new UEM.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (Turb04S60)

i have a 2001 S60 T5. thanks a bunch for the help. If that isnt the issue how much would i be looking at for a new UEM?

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Re: (swedeman)

Same thing happes to my car if I disconnect the battery, but after a while they all work fine

1 - 4 of 4 Posts