SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm including cleaning the PCV system on neighbors 2005 2.5T (148k miles) while doing other maintenance . The intake manifold is loose in the engine box, and the only thing keeping it attached is the electrical pigtail going to the ETC/throttle ... the sun got low and I had to give up, but I bet I have tried to disconnect that connector for 30 minutes or more. Any secrets? ...other than patience?

I doubt it has ever been disconnected ... may be just stuck.

Any other tips for this area? Any thing special about the ECT? I plan to remove the ECT body from the intake manifold ... any concerns here?

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yeah, soaking with WD-40 may have helped. I also, first, removed the ETM/throttle body from the intake manifold. I squeezed the plastic release clips, and held them in place with toothpicks ... then placed a large flat blade screwdrive against the clip and whapped the handle with a small hammer to release connector. No real secrets, just take care not to break this thing.

Also remember to take photos of every hose connection before disconnecting ... I did not and I'm already lost!

I've yet to finish this task, too many things going on ... but I already see plugged and broken hoses. A PCV system not intended to go 100K miles, I think. Of course, better oil change frequencies would have helped. My neighbors are not guilty of over-maintaining!

·
Registered
232 Posts
So far mine is good and I got 117 K+ miles. I use synthetic and no smoke out of the dipstick so far.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts