SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not to tease to everyone searching for them but I finished my install today, took roughly an hour per wheel, I replaced all seats and mounts too. The car is a whole different car. Cornering is amazing, tightness of the wheel is great, doesn't ride harsh whatsoever, GREAT STANCE, needs spacers, wheel gap is drastically reduced, less rake.

The tightness of the springs has actually made my shifting smoother as there is less play in the springs, less jerk if you will.

Overall, install to enjoyment I rate this as a MUST for those who love control of their car and increased performance. Install is easy once you get the hang of it.

Sorry for the bad pic guys but I'll take another in the daylight.

Researching spacers with the help of dougy they should be on very soon.

Flaps were also installed however this picture doesn't do it any justice, Love those as well. My car is literally perfect in my eyes now.

Any questions regarding the mod itself or the install, drop me a pm :)

~Blake

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Nice! You definitely need spacers IMO. Are those 17's too? Me like 18's :)

·
Registered
974 Posts
I hate you... just sayin

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Man, That picture looks like you scanned it on the lowest setting and then re-sized it in MSPAINT :D

Can't wait too see better pictures with spacers installed. I'd suggest 10mm front / 15mm rear for flush look. Got my H&R spacers from ECS Tuning for cheap. Fast shipping also. I thought about getting a set of springs but I'm saving money in case my transmission craps out on me :(

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice! You definitely need spacers IMO. Are those 17's too? Me like 18's :)
YES I do need spacers and YES I do have 17's, due to the roads up here...18's just aren't in my cards very soon, just don't have the funds to keep them straight. ESPECIALLY while driving to and from Boston so frequently.

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hate you... just sayin
;) Hey I did the install myself...that was enough punishment. The fronts are ridiculously simple, the rears...not so much. Lost about 10 lbs in the garage the last two days from just sweating lol

Man, That picture looks like you scanned it on the lowest setting and then re-sized it in MSPAINT :D

Can't wait too see better pictures with spacers installed. I'd suggest 10mm front / 15mm rear for flush look. Got my H&R spacers from ECS Tuning for cheap. Fast shipping also. I thought about getting a set but I'm saving money in case my transmission craps out on me :(
I actually made the picture more harsh on purpose kicking up the exposure and sharpness because the original photo is EVEN WORSE! At least you can somewhat see what I'm preaching. Happen to have a link for those spacers as I have about $250 to spend on them and I'm willing to pay tomorrow haha.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
I actually made the picture more harsh on purpose kicking up the exposure and sharpness because the original photo is EVEN WORSE! At least you can somewhat see what I'm preaching. Happen to have a link for those spacers as I have about $250 to spend on them and I'm willing to pay tomorrow haha.
http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/2035650/ES1831824/ - 10mm

http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/3035650/ES269/ - 15mm

and you can get lugs on ebay cheaper, 43mm for 10mm spacers and 47mm for 15mm spacers.

·
Premium Member
3,743 Posts
What else did you wind up doing for the rears? Are there spring seats and mounts in the back too?

Forgive me for hijacking, but I'll be doing springs shortly.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Would be very interested in seeing this in person, as I was making a huge stink about not being low enough, I would like to compare the two cars. Don't expect the final product right this minute. Mine has dropped a bit in the past few months! In regards to the wheel spacers I would do 12/17mm through http://motorsport-tech.com/

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You're making me jealous... lol
Don't be jealous man! Buy them $271 from IPD. If you need help with the install let me know!

http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/2035650/ES1831824/ - 10mm

http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/3035650/ES269/ - 15mm

and you can get lugs on ebay cheaper, 43mm for 10mm spacers and 47mm for 15mm spacers.
Awesome man I have a few leads on some spacers but i'll glance at these too.

What else did you wind up doing for the rears? Are there spring seats and mounts in the back too?

Forgive me for hijacking, but I'll be doing springs shortly.
Honestly, after taking apart the rears there really isn't much that you could replace. There is a spring seat that lies in the strut mount but it seemed to be in relatively good condition for a strut with 110k on them. It also helps that I used an impact gun to put them back together making things very tight. Seemed to give my going struts another wind haha.

Would be very interested in seeing this in person, as I was making a huge stink about not being low enough, I would like to compare the two cars. Don't expect the final product right this minute. Mine has dropped a bit in the past few months! In regards to the wheel spacers I would do 12/17mm through http://motorsport-tech.com/
Hey man, my schedule is rather booked but if we can arrange a meet-up perhaps mr. Giorgi would like to attend, among others, we could have a good time. The springs are substantially lower than stock and I anticipate some drop within the next month or so especially with the amount of driving that I currently do.

Here's a better picture, needless to say I think i'm opting out of the Phuz GB to use that money to finally get my Canon T2i as I'm sick of the poor quality of the Droid camera's.

·
Premium Member
3,743 Posts
Honestly, after taking apart the rears there really isn't much that you could replace. There is a spring seat that lies in the strut mount but it seemed to be in relatively good condition for a strut with 110k on them. It also helps that I used an impact gun to put them back together making things very tight. Seemed to give my going struts another wind haha.

Good to know. Thanks!

Here's a better picture, needless to say I think i'm opting out of the Phuz GB to use that money to finally get my Canon T2i as I'm sick of the poor quality of the Droid camera's.

Dude, just buy an $90 point and shoot. Cannon Powershots work perfectly fine.

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dude, just buy an $90 point and shoot. Cannon Powershots work perfectly fine.
As I've posted before, it's big or go home for me hahaa. I have a little niece/nephew coming in december so I would love to have a high quality DSLR to capture every bit of sentimental photo value I can. Plus they'll last FOREVER.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts

Canon 7D or Nikon D90 (it's an older model but still an amazing camera for the price) FTW! I still use my Canon 1000D, but I'm more of a lens man then a body man :D Try Walmart for the T2i cause I know the one by me had them marked down all the way down to a little bit over $400 for the full kit.

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Canon 7D or Nikon D90 (it's an older model but still an amazing camera for the price) FTW! I still use my Canon 1000D, but I'm more of a lens man then a body man :D Try Walmart for the T2i cause I know the one by me had them marked down all the way down to a little bit over $400 for the full kit.
Holy $hit really??? I'll go look today!

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Holy $hit really??? I'll go look today!
Yea I almost snatched it up yesterday but saving money sucks sometimes lol :( they only had 2 left but it was with all the discounted camera stuff and they had the T3i in it's spot on the display.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
YES I do need spacers and YES I do have 17's, due to the roads up here...18's just aren't in my cards very soon, just don't have the funds to keep them straight. ESPECIALLY while driving to and from Boston so frequently.
If the 18's didn't look so good, I'd be right there with you. I've spent probably close to $700 straightening the 18" pegs on multiple occasions. All four are bent regularly.:(

I'd lower my car too if I could (yours looks great), but between the roads and the UR braces, I think I'd hit stuff and do some major damage.

·
Premium Member
3,743 Posts
If the 18's didn't look so good, I'd be right there with you. I've spent probably close to $700 straightening the 18" pegs on multiple occasions. All four are bent regularly.:(

I'd lower my car too if I could (yours looks great), but between the roads and the UR braces, I think I'd hit stuff and do some major damage.
TMEs maybe?

I'm sure it'll lower an S60 more, but I'll be tossing them on my V70R soon, if you ever want to see it's ride height.

·
Premium Member
3,743 Posts
As I've posted before, it's big or go home for me hahaa. I have a little niece/nephew coming in december so I would love to have a high quality DSLR to capture every bit of sentimental photo value I can. Plus they'll last FOREVER.
I have a niece/nephew coming in August, and I'll totally just use my Cannon PS :p

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Looks great!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts