SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering installing a cheap set of Eibach Pro springs from a S80 on my FWD '02 V70. Eibach lists different part numbers, but H&R sells the same springs for both models. This makes me think any difference b/w the Eibach springs must not be all that significant. Eibach customer service says that the chassis must be significantly different enough to warrant different part #s, but I'm considering trying them anyway. What do you all think?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Gut feeling<br>SWAG...<br>Front probably the same<br>rear I doubt it if the S80 is like the s60<br>The V70's rear spring are supposed to be stiffer than the s60's<BR><BR>
<i>Modified by harleyvh at 9:25 PM 8-19-2009</i>

·
Registered
3 Posts
Re: Eibach Pro springs from S80 on my P2 V70? (stoddarj)

La diferencia es el material utilizado. Mientras que en la actualidad las memorias del ordenador están formadas por materiales magnéticos que son capaces de almacenar 0s o 1s lógicos, el descubrimiento interesante ha sido utilizar materiales que presentan propiedades magnéticas y ferroeléctricas, con lo que podremos tener hasta 4 (2^2) combinaciones de dígitos 0 o 1. Esto podría suponer el doble de capacidad, tanto en memorias RAM, discos duros, o cualquier tipo de memoria incluso fuera de la estructura de un ordenador personal (en móviles, reproductores MP3…).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Eibach Pro springs from S80 on my P2 V70? (jesi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>jesi</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">La diferencia es el material utilizado. Mientras que en la actualidad las memorias del ordenador están formadas por materiales magnéticos que son capaces de almacenar 0s o 1s lógicos, el descubrimiento interesante ha sido utilizar materiales que presentan propiedades magnéticas y ferroeléctricas, con lo que podremos tener hasta 4 (2^2) combinaciones de dígitos 0 o 1. Esto podría suponer el doble de capacidad, tanto en memorias RAM, discos duros, o cualquier tipo de memoria incluso fuera de la estructura de un ordenador personal (en móviles, reproductores MP3…).</TD></TR></TABLE><p>????????????????????<p>I have no idea what this response is about, but I put the Eibach S80 springs on with some Koni sports, and it's pretty low! Rides great, though.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Pics??<p>Thanks,<p>Bill

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I second Bills pics request!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Re: Eibach Pro springs from S80 on my P2 V70? (stoddarj)

I have a set of both the part #'s. I would be willing to sell for 160.00 plus shipping. Interested?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Eibach Pro springs from S80 on my P2 V70? (brbevil)

I'm sorry, brbevil, what part #s do you mean? Front and rear V70 Eibachs? Thanks for the offer, but I'm going to wait for a little bit and see how the springs from the S80 perform. I haven't had this car for very long, and the previous owner put the wrong size (225/55/17) tires on it. Whoever sold him the tires must have looked up the specs for an XC, cause they were way too big before I put the Eibachs on. Now, well, they just look ridiculous, and you can imagine how much fun it is to parallel park with all the tire rub! I want to get rid of the oversized tires asap, but as of right now I only have one set of wheels, and snow season is coming up, so I don't want to mount summers on my only wheels only to have to remount the snows in another month or two. I'm looking for another set of wheels right now. I'll post pics as soon as I get the right size tires on there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts