SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Earlier this month we received our first stock of Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs for the 2011+ Volvo S60 T5 FWD and T6/R-Design AWD models! These are not available in the North American market and we special ordered them from Eibach Germany several months ago.

Eibach Lowering Springs, S60/V60 T5 FWD

Eibach Lowering Springs, S60/V60 T6 AWD

Our Eibach Lowering Springs will lower the S60 T5 FWD and T6 AWD by 30mm, and the S60 R-Design AWD by 15mm (since it is already 15mm lower than the T6 AWD). Note that our Eibach springs links above do not work with cars equipped with 4C suspensions.

Coupled with our Koni FSD Shock Absorber Kit, your S60 will have completely transformed its handling performance!

Any questions, please let us know!

·
Registered
29 Posts
George,

How well would the lowering kit work on a T5 with the Dynamic Package? Thanks!

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The shock absorbers fitted on the Dynamic Package are actually a much better fit with the Eibach Lowering springs compared to those fitted on the Touring Package. The Dynamic shocks are overall firmer and will work better with the increased spring rating of the Eibach springs.

·
Registered
338 Posts
George, for a T5 with the touring package, sounds like mating the springs with the Koni FSD kit would be the way to go? I have definately wanted to tighten up the cars handling. Thinking about both suspension upgrades as well as rear swaybar. Thoughts?

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
George, for a T5 with the touring package, sounds like mating the springs with the Koni FSD kit would be the way to go? I have definately wanted to tighten up the cars handling. Thinking about both suspension upgrades as well as rear swaybar. Thoughts?
I think the Touring package leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to improving the S60's handling. Here's what I see as what's currently available for upgrades to consider:

Springs: Eibach Lowering Springs
Shocks: Koni FSD Shocks, Koni Sport Shocks, Factory Dynamic Shocks, R-Design Shocks
Bracing: R-Design Strut Tower Brace
Other: IPD Rear Anti-sway Bar, R-Design Front and Rear Anti-sway Bar, Upgraded End Links

If you'd be interested in a package deal for a complete suspension upgrade package, feel free to contact me, I'd be happy to help with all of the above listed items.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I think the Touring package leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to improving the S60's handling. Here's what I see as what's currently available for upgrades to consider:

Springs: Eibach Lowering Springs
Shocks: Koni FSD Shocks, Koni Sport Shocks, Factory Dynamic Shocks, R-Design Shocks
Bracing: R-Design Strut Tower Brace
Other: IPD Rear Anti-sway Bar, R-Design Front and Rear Anti-sway Bar, Upgraded End Links

If you'd be interested in a package deal for a complete suspension upgrade package, feel free to contact me, I'd be happy to help with all of the above listed items.
Hey George, so I’m thing about lowering my 2013 s60 T5. I was think either coilovers or spring. I have a limited budget. What’s the alternate way to go whiles I get a comfortable ride. My car stock rides pretty good although it sit a bit high from the fender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey George, so I’m thing about lowering my 2013 s60 T5. I was think either coilovers or spring. I have a limited budget. What’s the alternate way to go whiles I get a comfortable ride. My car stock rides pretty good although it sit a bit high from the fender.

Based on your two criteria (limited budget, comfortable ride), coilovers would be out of the question). I would recommend lowering springs from Eibach, H&R, or Heico Sportiv.

·
Registered
434 Posts
So I got the quotes
This is if I decide to use my own struts with H&R springs. Installation includes

·
Registered
603 Posts
So I got the quotes
This is if I decide to use my own struts with H&R springs. Installation includes

$420 for labor. Happy to do your setup for this cost. If I charged people this cost, I stop my current job right now

1 - 13 of 13 Posts