SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think of this combo? Will my R handle sagnificantly better ? I am taking it to the track this summer and this is the Set up Eurosport suggested.
Anyone have this set up?

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Re: Eibach Lowering springs and sway bars... (zigger)

The only way we are going to answer you is IF you tell us what happened with the guy who drove your car home without permission!

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: Eibach Lowering springs and sway bars... (zigger)

It will be fine, just watch the bumps and dips

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ha ha ... Yeah he got pissed that I posted it online. I lost on him and the dealership. They said no didn't think I would mind and they wanted to make sure the car was ok?? LOL..
anyways I don't think the drop is enough to scrape the car is it? I don't have a body kit. Anyone have a pic of the R on Eibachs?

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
no matter what setup/brand of springs/bars you go wtih - i'm sure you'll notice it.

when I put in springs/bars it was like a different car in terms of the handling. I would never go back to a stock suspension setup...i'd be too depressed to take it in the corners... you'll like it.

it's stiffer over big bumps...if you hit a pothole or something, you'll know it....but on reasonable smooth roads, the ride is fine.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Re: Eibach Lowering springs and sway bars... (JRL)

Quote, originally posted by JRL »
It will be fine, just watch the bumps and dips
Be good to also change the stock exhaust/driveshaft braket to the safety cable from TakSpeed, right?

Zigger, I found a local shop to make one for peanuts (I think they'll make me one for free, and maybe two for almost free, send me e-mail later).

The TakSpeed one is cheap and I want to support them but the darn shipping and taxes to Canada always make these small purchases hard to swallow.

LTA

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Re: (zigger)

i wouldn't say I "eat" them....but I can outrun an E46 M3.

Boosted, R-Rated, Johann...those guys have made some impressive hp numbers in an R and would probably ROAST most E46 M3s.....

i'll have to add nitrous or a different turbo to really kick their butt.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.