SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help?

I have a 2000 V40, and I am looking at upgrading my ECU. To make a long question short I have just started researching between these two companies, and the approach that they take in upgrading my ECU.
I seem UPsolute is cheaper and faster to install, but that doest not mean better or more reliable. TME one the other hand that specializes in Volvo's said there's is better for all around performance with out changing alarm codes etc... However the only thing I do not like is that I will need to change my exhaust system for this ECU upgrade or I will burn out my transmission at prolonged high speed.
Help, and am sure you guys have more info on this that I do, what do you think?

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by Elges:
Need some help?

I have a 2000 V40, and I am looking at upgrading my ECU. To make a long question short I have just started researching between these two companies, and the approach that they take in upgrading my ECU.
I seem UPsolute is cheaper and faster to install, but that doest not mean better or more reliable. TME one the other hand that specializes in Volvo's said there's is better for all around performance with out changing alarm codes etc... However the only thing I do not like is that I will need to change my exhaust system for this ECU upgrade or I will burn out my transmission at prolonged high speed.
Help, and am sure you guys have more info on this that I do, what do you think?
I don't know about burning your transmission at prolonged WOT runs but depending on how hard you push the car and how long, that may affect your turbocharger. I think that unless you take your car to a race track and/or drag strip you will be OK. The main thing is to make sure that you use a thicker synthetic oil.

I have TME's upgrade and I have been extremely pleased, so far. The power is very linear...it seems that the power curve did not change other than the limits being set higher. And there was no soldering of chips at all which was important to me as I am not planning to dvote my car to racing...it is a daily driver that used to be fun; after the upgrade it has become a blast!

Yannis

1 - 2 of 2 Posts