SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm close to making the decision to send my 2001 XC ECU in for an upgrade. (want to get a little closer to those T5 factory stats)<P>As far as I can tell, no other XC customers have taken the leap yet. Anyone out there?<P>What are folks opinions on SAM vs. Rica vs. SCT? They have all been responsive so far on email, and are priced about the same so I'm having trouble deciding.<P>Thanks!<BR>

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
InDy,<P>Thanks for the suggestion. Yep, I'd like to consider them (I even live in Portland, OR), but they don't have anything for the New V70 let alone the XC.<P>

·
Registered
9 Posts
When I asked PES about a chip for the 2001 XC they replied: <P>"It may be a while. The 2001 cars have special anti-tamper code put in by<BR>Bosch. Volvo<BR>doesn't like chips much. We will find the way around it though. We always do<BR>:> )"<P>It's been about two months.<BR>

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
The people I know of right now doing chips for US cars are IPD/TME, Wetterauer and Garrett. We have an IPD unit coming for Project 854R. PES does the Garrett chip and I think Eastern Aerospace does the Wett.<P>George

1 - 5 of 5 Posts