SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The NHTSA.gov site lists technical bulletins for all cars. One is Service Bulletin Number 2830, Bulletin Sequence Number 621, for 2001 Volvo S60, Summary Description: SUBJECT REGARDING NEW ECM SOFTWARE FOR IMPROVED ACCELERATION 0-60 / 0- 100 KM/H. *TT<P>Hmmmmm. . . . . <P>Yannis or Phil, what's the scoop with an ECU software patch reprogram? How much will it cost? I jsut got my recall notice on the key fob/remote to replace the rubber gaskets so the $%^&*#@!! keys won't stick, so I was thinking of doing the ECU upgrade at the same time when I go in. Have you guys heard of this software patch? Is it worth it?

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by T5 Dave:<BR><B>The NHTSA.gov site lists technical bulletins for all cars. One is Service Bulletin Number 2830, Bulletin Sequence Number 621, for 2001 Volvo S60, Summary Description: SUBJECT REGARDING NEW ECM SOFTWARE FOR IMPROVED ACCELERATION 0-60 / 0- 100 KM/H. *TT<P>Hmmmmm. . . . . <P>Yannis or Phil, what's the scoop with an ECU software patch reprogram? How much will it cost? I jsut got my recall notice on the key fob/remote to replace the rubber gaskets so the $%^&*#@!! keys won't stick, so I was thinking of doing the ECU upgrade at the same time when I go in. Have you guys heard of this software patch? Is it worth it?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Yes, this software campaign has been around for more than a year but it is only good for V70s that their last 6 of their VIN are lower 60000 and in the S60s it is for the T5s that their last 6 of VIN are lower than 32000; I will check tomorrow for the exact numbers and will let you know. It does make SOME difference but nothing great. The 2002 models are the models where you see a huge difference.<P>Yannis

1 - 2 of 2 Posts