SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
At first I thought I have but... twice but I was sent the wrong one both times. Just wanna be sure before I buy another $50+ TCV

thank you lol, took a lot of time!
When I have seen this problem in the past there was either a problem with the TCV or the wiring to it. You can check the connector and harness. Others can correct me on this, but typically a "high" code for a sensor means it was disconnected or not connected properly. Not all sensors (ie MAF).
Granted I'm not a pro, just what I have experienced before.

Sent from my ECU

·
Registered
870 Posts
Check to see if the hoses are connected correctly to the boost control valve. The vac hose will have a red, blue or yellow ring on it. The Boost valve will have the colored dot at each port location. Does the code erase, then return on full boost and go into limp mode? Smoke test the hoses from the boost valve to the turbo. Try a battery reset. Look at ECM1 wiring. 8/28 is the boost valve. Check for 12 volts Green/Gray wire. 7/165 is the boost sensor at the left side of the intercooler outlet tube. A39 on the ECM is the 5 Volt out. A60 on the ECM is ground. The other wires from the sensors to the ECM are the signal or what the sensors are reading. 7/165, check for 5 volts on pin 3, Voilet/White wire. I added the wiring list so that you can see what each number on the diagram is.
Solid help right there!

Sent from my ECU

·
Registered
870 Posts
Stock K24 yea
Tuned, Supposedly it was
So being that the car was tuned that opens up a bunch of different possibilities. What I would reccomend is that you contact the tuner and run some data logs.
If you have the flashing software you could read the ECU to file in order to save the tune. From there you can flash back to the stock file and see if the problem still exists.
It's quite possible that the tune can be causing an overboost condition which is throwing the car into limp mode.

Sent from my ECU

·
Registered
870 Posts
If it runs better with the maf unplugged then there is either an air leak or a bad MAF. Start with smoking the system and you can also check the MAF airflow in Vida.
My primary guess is air leak.

Sent from my ECU

1 - 8 of 8 Posts