SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So car popped the check engine light, but car still seems to run fine. I pulled the codes, ECM-6400, ECM-6410, which are the intake/exhaust camshaft reset valves. I've been doing research, as best as I can, and I think it could be due to the timing off a bit.

I checked the two valves for sludge or if they are locked, but they seem to be ok. Also I find it unlikely that both would go bad at the same time, so I think there is another underlying problem.

I checked VIDA and was not able to find instructions on how to check the timing. Can anyone give me directions/advice on how to do so?

I have VIDA/DICE so if it is possible to check timing that way, I can do so.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Mine's not an R but.. there was a software update regarding ECM issues and CEL popping up..just thought id mention it..

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went out and checked to see if the timing marks were aligned. I found white marks on the intake and exhaust camshaft gears and they matched up with the marking on the valve cover. so I guess timing is good.

I'm going to retune back to stock from iPD and see if that helps.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hmmm. Low oil pressure? Pock up tube? Maybe? Is there any oil in it?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Pick not Pock

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oil level is good. I'm not sure what the oil pressure is exactly, and I have no idea what the pock up tube is.

·
Registered
114 Posts
No pick up tube. Like tube in your oil pan that sucks up oil. Screen at end of tube could be clogged causing low oil pressure.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hmm. that could be very likely actually. Would I need to drop the oil pan? Or maybe try an oil cleaner and an oil change?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Drop pan. I would put gauge on it orst to confirm.

·
Registered
114 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I might just drop the pan. I have 145k miles on it. It can't hurt to reseal the pan. I don't really want any extra gauges in the cabin.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i haven't had a chance to drop the pan yet, and i'll be out of the country until august, but anyone else with any suggestions? i still don't want to replace both sensors, because the failure happened together. i want to try to get suggestions so i can order stuff and have it ready to do the work the first day i get back.

anyone?

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
UPDATE.

so i dropped the oil pan. i was a bit disappointed to see that it was in pretty much pristine condition. it was not a hard job at all though and i got to replace the gasket and other seals.

i ended up checking my fuses and found that one was blown. replaced that and the codes disappeared.

·
Registered
122 Posts
UPDATE.

so i dropped the oil pan. i was a bit disappointed to see that it was in pretty much pristine condition. it was not a hard job at all though and i got to replace the gasket and other seals.

i ended up checking my fuses and found that one was blown. replaced that and the codes disappeared.
I'd check the wiring on the top of the head. Fuses rarely blow for no reason. Sounds like wiring is chaffing against the head and shorting out... seen it before on a V50 T5. same symptoms

1 - 18 of 18 Posts