SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all - The car would run fine and then stall. Shut down and start again and it would run fine then stall.

Pump duty cycle is at 43% so, not high but above the 35% plus/minus 5%.

I have the above codes thrown and replaced the fuel pressure sensor and fuel filter. Duty cycle is the same after the above replacements.

The pump has at least 110k on it, probably more, so I'm thinking a bad pump. Haven't done a test drive yet... Is 43% too high? Anyone have experience with an Aeromotive 340LPH?

·
Registered
6,562 Posts
Check fuel pressure with a mechanical gauge. However I'd almost say its safe to assume you need a pump... The OE Bosch one is like 200 on FCP.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, was just about to edit - pressure with a mechanical gauge is at 42psi. The PEM is in clean shape, as it's a California car. Any simple test to know if it's the PEM?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update on my issue: I replaced the high pressure pump with an Aeromotive 340lph p/n 11142. A bit of a pain shaving down the barrel to fit the pump but all in all a straight forward process. Plug and play. I also replaced both left and right level sensors.

Pump duty cycle went from 43 to a spot on 35%. Haven't taken a long drive yet but long enough to where it should have stalled and it did not. I'm feeling confident that the pump was the issue and not the PEM or FPS.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Is it worth to go with the Aeromotive unit instead of the factory one? Any benefits over the Bosch in case if the car is stock?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
From the little research I have found, I don't think there is any advantage over OEM if the car is stock. I was just being cheap. The car was was offline until I found a pump and I was able to find the Aeromotive local and cheaper than an OEM pump assy.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Thanks! I'll stick to the OEM.

·
Registered
8 Posts
From the little research I have found, I don't think there is any advantage over OEM if the car is stock. I was just being cheap. The car was was offline until I found a pump and I was able to find the Aeromotive local and cheaper than an OEM pump assy.

After several test drives, did you ever experience the ECM-2900 code again using the aftermarket pump modification..

Am having this ecm2900 and have had several pump and pem change but yet still and would like to try your after market pump to see

·
Registered
8,055 Posts
My original pump with almost 200K miles on it can still keep the A/F ratios down under 11.5 to one at max power output, so if you don't plan on running larger injectors and turbos, going with something other than OEM is overkill.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts