SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I threw a CEL today - it looks like the code that triggered it is the ECM-1320, Intake Air Temperature (IAT) Sensor INlet - Faulty Signal. My first instinct was to replace the MAP sensor, but further reading suggests it may actually be related to the MAF (but that was in the XC90 section, so not sure how relevant that is). I unplugged the MAF briefly the other day to see if the car's idle changed (which threw a code that I'm not surprised about: ECM-122D - MAF sensor flow too low), and it is plugged back in. Noted that it has been very rainy for a couple of days, so maybe a faulty connection there?

Just hoping that someone can confirm which sensor I should be focused on.

Thanks!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Yes, IAT is measured by the "map" sensor. I don't think maf has anything to do with it.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, IAT is measured by the "map" sensor. I don't think maf has anything to do with it.
Thanks, that is what I thought. I cleaned and applied dialectric grease to the electrical connectors on the MAF and MAP today. MAP involved removing [half] the bumper as the do88 intercooler made reaching in through the fog light cover a bit tight. Drove about 100km in two trips, and the code has not been set again (checked with VIDA). I'm hopeful that the very wet weather just got a bit of water in the MAP connector.

Hquinn - thanks for the tip. I use Volvo's own VIDA which I don't think offers helpful tips like that, presumably because it's intended for use by Volvo techs who know their stuff!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Thanks, that is what I thought. I cleaned and applied dialectric grease to the electrical connectors on the MAF and MAP today. MAP involved removing [half] the bumper as the do88 intercooler made reaching in through the fog light cover a bit tight. Drove about 100km in two trips, and the code has not been set again (checked with VIDA). I'm hopeful that the very wet weather just got a bit of water in the MAP connector.

Hquinn - thanks for the tip. I use Volvo's own VIDA which I don't think offers helpful tips like that, presumably because it's intended for use by Volvo techs who know their stuff!
Yep, I also have the do88 ic and had to remove the bumper (again after ic install) to replace the map sensor. Sadly not enough room to do it just from the fog light cutout... I replaced the whole sensor just on case when I lost boost readings and car started acting weird.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts