SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is the second time since I bought my 2022 Volvo S90 B6 I could not start it. I drive for a living so it's crucial for me to be able to drive it. I don't need the loaners because they do nothing for me. This time was a little bit different than last time. I couldn't use the remote control to open the doors. Couldn't start or open the doors with an app. Finally, I was able to use the key to open the door. Of course alarm went off. Took about 10 minutes for me to start the car. I put two keys that I have in a cup holder. Right away a Message popped up Ecall is malfunctioning. I disconnected the battery but it did not help. I shut the car off and then I was able to start it back on again but the message was still showing. Then again I couldn't start. It took me about five tries until I was able to do it. Drove it to the dealer while driving another message popped up saying the key is missing meanwhile I had both keys in a cup holder. Of course at the dealership they all had big eyes telling me that they have never seen it before so we'll see what happens. So far I have no call back and I don't think I'm going to hear from them today. Hopefully tomorrow but there's no guarantee. I understand this is the first year model but for me it's a deal breaker. Losing too much money. We'll see how long it takes this time to fix it. And if it happens again I'm out of Volvo business. I'm going to go back to Lincoln. Drove Lincoln's for 30 years. Yes they have issues. They're not the same in comfort and all that, but I have never lost money like I'm losing with Volvo. Maybe it's just my luck.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
There is a tj for this. You could fix yourself with battery reset and tcam reset. But dealer does have special software packagae to prevent it from happening again
Thanks for reply. I could not figure it out how to reset tcam. I don't know if it happens to a lot of people and if it's possible they should have included it in the latest OTA update. I know Volvo is not the only company releasing product to a mass market which is not ready to be released. I also want to share my experience with Genesis GV70 which I bought roughly at the same time. Gv70 also is a first year release and so far there was zero point zero issues. We'll see how it's going to be in the long run, but so far it has been nothing but a pleasure to own.

·
Banned
1,125 Posts
It doesn't take a long time for them to fix it as long as they can take your car in. For some reason Everyone around here. I live in North Jersey is overwhelmed with amount of cars coming in.
I live in NJ too and its because no good dealers here most dono what they doing and keep redoing same stuff over and over again thats why more jobs pile up instead of going down.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I live in NJ too and its because no good dealers here most dono what they doing and keep redoing same stuff over and over again thats why more jobs pile up instead of going down.
[/QUOT
Look I had to bend over backwards like a gymnast flying around dealership. Begging everybody but still I brought the car on Wednesday 11:00 a.m. and it was fixed Friday by 2:00 p.m. and that's a good result. Some other ones told me they wouldn't even touch till next week so that would have been 7 days probably minimum. They telling me you don't have an appointment. I was trying to explain how can they even say something like that and how can I make an appointment for an emergency? How do I know that the car will not start tomorrow?. Just stupid. I bought my car in summit New Jersey and I took the car first time there but it's too far for me. This time I took to Ramsey New Jersey They came through. I stopped by Englewood I would never go there again. It's too crowded. Not enough space. They have Volvo and Lincoln together. Crazy If you leave right there it my work for some people but not for me.

·
Banned
1,125 Posts
yep only one that some what not busy is Kundert volvo rt17 but again if its emergency you deff not getting loaner car. But again Prestige volvo on rt10 and kudert volvo rt17 is my to go and they not supper gr8 but others even worse.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
yep only one that some what not busy is Kundert volvo rt17 but again if its emergency you deff not getting loaner car. But again Prestige volvo on rt10 and kudert volvo rt17 is my to go and they not supper gr8 but others even worse.
Huh?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I did the 12v and back up battery reset and it fixed things. Still going to the dealership to get new TCAM firmware.
If I understand correctly, my backup battery is the 48 volt one, is that correct? If it is so how do I do the backup battery reset? Does anyone know on 2022 Volvo S90 ? Just want to be prepared in case this happens again even with a new software.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts