SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I am a little hesitant to purchase camber arms off Ebay for fear of them braking. I am just curious if anyone has used these and if so how long have you had them installed? When comparing them to other brands such as EST, Elevate, etc... they are roughly $100 cheaper. The price would be great if they were reliable. See line below...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-2006-2...e:Volvo|Model:S40&hash=item43b5e25e0c&vxp=mtr

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
YES I HAVE AND STAY AWAY, :mad::mad::mad:

one snapped in half on me while i was crossing the George washington bridge @ 45MPH, ONE DAY AFTER INSTALLATION with my KWV2!! i felt a loud clunk in the rear and i thought i was just a pot hole as usual, but NO WAY, Smoke poured out from the back of my car, because my tire was rubbing againt the side of my shock absorber. i had to drive the duration of the bridge because trust me, you dont wanna be stopped on the top of that bridge at night. its nothing but tractor trailors.

i had to be towed to my job in NJ "thats where i was in route too" Thankfully i had AAA ... i called George at viva and had a set of the SPC one shipped to me over night and i had to replace them in my job parking lot....

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick response! Yeah thats kinda what I figured. I'll just spend the extra $100 and get a quality set. WOW they broke one day after installation? Thats crazy but expected....

Thanks again!

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts