1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Super Moderator
15,165 Posts
I wouldn't get an intake with plastic piping, especially a flex pipe like that. The idea of upgrading an intake is to improve flow, not hinder it.

·
Registered
656 Posts
It looks like it would do a great job at the end of my gutter leaders to snake water away from my house.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Muscle cars use that stuff, because it is an improvement over the intake tubing they have, or don't even have. On a modern car, the factory intake is way better than this flex tubing.

The flex tubing starting showing up on modern cars as ducting for cooling brakes, which a street car will not need

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Get you this cone filter off amazon for 20$ and call it a day. Mines a t5 but it will attach the same exact way to yours.

"Embody god... Then go crazy"

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what diameter is the filter and where do i get a ecu mounting bracket i beening looking forever ?

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
what diameter is the filter and where do i get a ecu mounting bracket i beening looking forever ?
Mounting bracket is elevates. If your good with tools you can make your own very easy outa aluminum but for the price and quality I would recommend elevates.

In all honesty I ran the ecu on my 2.4i with nothing but zip ties with no issues.

The cone filters has a 3" inlet and 2" outlet it was 20$ off of amazon just search " carbon fiber filter"

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mounting bracket is elevates. If your good with tools you can make your own very easy outa aluminum but for the price and quality I would recommend elevates.

In all honesty I ran the ecu on my 2.4i with nothing but zip ties with no issues.

The cone filters has a 3" inlet and 2" outlet it was 20$ off of amazon just search " carbon fiber filter"

the set up looks nice but is this worth changing from stock air box too the cone filter on the maf Or i was thinking would it be better too have a set up like Elevate cold air with the filter on a 90 degree 3.5 aluminum tube too the maf with a coupler. has anyone tried the elevate intake. is there any power gains in any of this or benefit XD

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
the set up looks nice but is this worth changing from stock air box too the cone filter on the maf Or i was thinking would it be better too have a set up like Elevate cold air with the filter on a 90 degree 3.5 aluminum tube too the maf with a coupler. has anyone tried the elevate intake. is there any power gains in any of this or benefit XD
I've ran it like that too with the same filter but I cut up an extra length of 3" bendral and used the stock snorkel for a true cai set up. On a 2.4i there's no difference in performance that's noticeable but for the t5 using the stock snorkel kinda like elevates works best I just leave mine like this for easier oil changes.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Something like this ? I only used elevates 3" intake the rest is eBay bendral steel, couplers and hardware from homedepot.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

sorta like the one you showed but without the stock skorel
my question is this set up better then just mounting the filter on the MAF ?
I mean in airflow ( since the filter would be facing the radiator fan) and performance gains
or would it be the same.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts

sorta like the one you showed but without the stock skorel
my question is this set up better then just mounting the filter on the MAF ?
I mean in airflow ( since the filter would be facing the radiator fan) and performance gains
or would it be the same.
No the radiator fan helps to some extent but once everything warms up its gonna be breathing in hot air all the same leading to loss of boost.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
do you feel any gains Or lost of boost with your cone on maf set up only ? thanks

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
With a closed intake there's more steady boost top end but open you'll have more low end power but you'll feel the top end boost fall off and heat soak a lot quicker. Closed is best.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
No that's a waste of money, pay the same amount in aluminum and you can make you a much better one. I'm telling you anything you can buy for this car can be made either buy you or a shop. Find a local shop, make friends and start sharing ideas I promise the the best way to go about modding your car.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Make a shield out of low thermal conductive plastic then use an metal foil tape to make it reflective.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts