SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I know there are many members on here that live, work and frequent the eastern parts of Connecticut, I thought it would be worthwhile to see if we could set up a cars and coffee/talk shop/go for a fun drive kind of event.

October 3rd looks like a good weekend for it. Nice weather, before the Columbus day weekend shenanigans.

Start:

10 AM Branford Town Green/Common Grounds

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Co...0a06bb0e378207

Lots of parking and space to walk around. Good coffee too!

Drive:

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Durh...41.2830288!3e0

Rt 146 Lots of curves along the coast
Rt 77 up into the hills
Rt 80 east is pretty
Rt 79 to Rt 148 is curvy
Rt 154 & Candlewood Dill Rd back into Durham is scenic along the Connecticut and fun to drive

Theres a good ice cream place in Durham with a decent parking lot to make the end point.

Who's in?

Dates are flexible if theres interest but conflicts.

Hope to see people out there

·
Registered
17,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Updated: 9/28

So it looks like there is some interest for this coming saturday.

Members that have shown interest/may be attending

ScottishBrick - S70 T5
S60 T5 Moosed - S60 T6 Rd
Hounddogger - V70 R
SonicBlueR - S60 R
Ol’ Dirty Noodle - S40

·
Registered
93 Posts
You guys are meeting in my town, which makes it easy for me. I am quite familiar with Rt 146, that's a fun ride if you aren't behind a car slowly cruising during fall colors.

I would be up for getting together on Saturday depending on the weather. If this hurricane makes it our way and the weather is miserable I propose we postpone or just meet up for coffee at Common Grounds. You can add me with my Sonic S60R to the list.

·
Registered
6,568 Posts
If the weather is bad we should try for next saturday. Or as R_Model said go for coffee. Slickfast is around there as well.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Slickfast and I work at the same company. I let him know about the Volvo Enthusiast C&C meet up which he wasn't aware of (I guess we can't just call it "R C&C" given the S70 joining). Hopefully he can make it.

·
Registered
17,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Updated: 10/1

Saturday 10/3 Cars and Coffee - Branford, CT

Members that have shown interest/may be attending

ScottishBrick - S70 T5
S60 T5 Moosed - S60 T6 Rd
Hounddogger - V70 R
SonicBlueR - S60 R
Ol’ Dirty Noodle - S40
R_Model - S60 R
Slickfast - V70R

Weather depending, this may go on as planned this coming weekend, or, if the hurricane makes it up as well, move the event to next weekend, 10/12.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I missed this post initially... What time would we be planning this for?

Hurricane shouldn't be here by Saturday (I don't think anyway), but I think it's supposed to rain regardless. I'd be interested but I can't guarantee I'm free just yet. I'm very familiar with the route and I even take Candlewood Hill from Durham into Higganum occasionally on my way to work, and my brother lives in Durham.

Edit: I see you said 10 AM start time, my bad.

·
Registered
557 Posts
There is also a Volvo car show at Secor Volvo in New London from 10-2 next weekend on Saturday.

·
Registered
17,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Eastern Connecticut Volvo Enthusiasts Coffee & Drive Meet October 3rd

Looks like the event is on for tomorrow. Rain stops by 9 am. Looking forward to seeing everyone out there.

·
Registered
93 Posts
It was great meeting Hounddogger and ScottishBrick for a fun ride through CT. The rain stopped and left the roads just the right amount of slick with nice cool air temperatures. Scottish Brick set a nice pace in his moded S70, when we weren't behind some slow cars. We should have taken some pictures.

As I mentioned on the drive I recommend we try and organize a Pumpkin Rally for later this Fall. Hopefully more local swedespeed members will show up.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,568 Posts
It was great meeting Hounddogger and ScottishBrick for a fun ride through CT. The rain stopped and left the roads just the right amount of slick with nice cool air temperatures. Scottish Brick set a nice pace in his moded S70, when we weren't behind some slow cars. We should have taken some pictures.

As I mentioned on the drive I recommend we try and organize a Pumpkin Rally for later this Fall. Hopefully more local swedespeed members will show up.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
Totally agree. It'd be a blast.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I should have gone but I sort of mentally wrote it off because I thought the weather would be much worse. Then I got sucked into going to my friend's place to give him a hand with his car.

Definitely interested in something later this fall but admittedly Saturdays are going to be tougher for me than Sundays.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts