SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to give Volvo credit, their HVAC is amazing. I literally start my car and put the AC on 2 and the car is cool within 1-2 minutes. I was driving a Mercedes E350 today and had the air on max cool and fans on full blast and the car was not cool after 15 minutes of driving. Props Volvo.

·
Premium Member
2021 XC90 T8 Inscription Recharge, 2021 XC40 T5 Momentum
21 Posts
It's been hot here in Minnesota too. Both our Volvo's have cooled off rather quickly after start up and I often find myself having to adjust the temp up shortly after I'm down the road.

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
It's been hot here in Minnesota too. Both our Volvo's have cooled off rather quickly after start up and I often find myself having to adjust the temp up shortly after I'm down the road.
Ummm....Not once have I used my AC this summer....I'll post back when that happens.....oh wait it won't

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have only owned my 2006 for a month now and I am very impressed with the AC as well.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
AC only goes on when the lady is in the car, but it works quite well when that happens. Other than those times, I agree with Vio, no AC for me.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
AC only goes on when it's over 95 degrees out, but currently it never goes on since it's broken. Having the AC on just saps the fun out of the ride.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
AC makes the RPMS drop faster, sort of annoying when you shift and it jerks since it becomes a natural thing you don't think to correct for the faster drop.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
really, you gus think the ac is great in these cars? AC sucks balls compared to my XC90. That car would be a refrigerator in a few minutes with only the front unit on. then a ice box if the rear ac was on too.

I am so used to the xc90 because the fan speed moved a ton of air, not so in the vr..

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
really, you gus think the ac is great in these cars? AC sucks balls compared to my XC90. That car would be a refrigerator in a few minutes with only the front unit on. then a ice box if the rear ac was on too.

I am so used to the xc90 because the fan speed moved a ton of air, not so in the vr..
Have you changed the cabin air filter lately? Could be reducing the air flow a little.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Have you changed the cabin air filter lately? Could be reducing the air flow a little.
That's part of my "new to me " used car checklist. Having owned many Volvos, p2 ac sucks. It sucks the same in other p2 cars too that i have been in.

Sent from my Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
If your AC doesn't seem to have enough chill, get it pressure-tested and checked for leaks. My '07 needed a couple of O-rings replaced and some coolant replaced this spring.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts