SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend in a distant city with an 06 V70R installed brake hoses he got from a brake specialty seller and they look good and fit properly. I decided I wanted to do the same on my 04 VR. The seller lists a Vin break and sell the hoses for the after that chassis number cars. I think the chassis number is 495500 roughly.
I contacted them and asked and they have no info other than what is in the catalog.
When I look up the hoses other places they have only one set for all R's.
Have any of you installed hoses and had to use some included adapter on early cars?
Anyone who has done both early and late R's and knows they are definitely the same or definitely different?

I could not find this answer using search and google search of this site nor by looking at descriptions of the kit with hoses on seller's sites with no distinction of model year application.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
VIDA does not show any break in part numbers for the brake lines for the S60R and V70R.

I replaced the front and rear brake lines on my early build 04 V70R with stainless steel brakelines from takspeed (no longer available) and I know several 06 and 07 R owners that have also used the same takspeed brake lines, so I would assume there is no difference in the brake lines throughout the years.

Cheers,

Jeff

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I looked at VIDA today and checked a couple more sellers of hoses and they all show no difference for the whole R production.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts