SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just noticed Volvo has made a differentiator between MY23 with Early and Late. I'm wondering what is the cut off period between the two and what are the differences between them. I have not seen anything posted with my research.
I read an earlier thread that it's by build date by Quarter. Third and fourth Quarter is early MY which ends the 11th Month?

I have Recharge T8 on order since September to deliver end of February'23 and wondering which one I would receive.

· Registered
2,966 Posts
MY 2023 early in EU starts from July 1 2022, late version starts from January 1, 2023 end 30 jun 2023

There are no differences in principle, since it is an XC60 FL model, and a model that will probably be made until the end of 2023, when the all-new XC60 is expected. Of course, it will be a fully electric model
If everything goes according to plan, there is a delay for now because the replacement for the XC90 was delayed ( EX90 )

· Registered
2,940 Posts
Just noticed Volvo has made a differentiator between MY23 with Early and Late. I'm wondering what is the cut off period between the two and what are the differences between them. I have not seen anything posted with my research.
I read an earlier thread that it's by build date by Quarter. Third and fourth Quarter is early MY which ends the 11th Month?

I have Recharge T8 on order since September to deliver end of February'23 and wondering which one I would receive.
My sense is that mid-MY production changes happen around week 46. So perhaps ~7 Nov 2022, for example.

I'd expect some variants of XC60 and XC90 to continue well towards MY30. After EX90 then EX60 comes next. Then EX60 and EX70-ish thing both around mid-decade. Just speculating.

Reactions: Don Gorgon

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks for input. It will be interesting to see what kinks will be worked out and what new ones would be in the newer versions of AAOS in late model 23's. I anticipate that the best is yet to come. Just curious as to how long the current design of the XC60 will last given this MY facelift and if there might be a new design for 24.
Hopefully the design team would focus more on the replacement, like the possible EX60 design and improve on what the EX90 is style wise based in feedback.

It's interesting how one of the touted features of the current MY the battery placement in the centre spine in terms of balance and safety, yet the new models are flat on the floor.

We're in interesting times with the PHEV selling offering the best of both worlds. I mean what if an apocalypse should happen? Ok that's a tad extreme! - but what about rolling electricity blackouts? If there is a full dropout of the electrical grid or energy costs of one or the other shoots up unexpectedly wouldn't the PHEV be the saviour? Wouldn't the XC60 with the reasonable 60km range and the ridiculously fast 455HP and the 71L gas tank size effectively roll us away from Zombies?!!

· Premium Member
5,472 Posts
It's generally week 46... it's irrelevant most years though. Volvo needs to stop differentiating it because it just causes confusion for nothing. They do it on most model years lately. Doesn't help that they don't publicly differentiate it though, but last year when I got into it with them the best answer I ended up with was the week 46 change (which we didn't see a change this year).

Reactions: Don Gorgon

· Registered
2,940 Posts
It's generally week 46... it's irrelevant most years though. Volvo needs to stop differentiating it because it just causes confusion for nothing. They do it on most model years lately. Doesn't help that they don't publicly differentiate it though, but last year when I got into it with them the best answer I ended up with was the week 46 change (which we didn't see a change this year).
Last year‘s week 46 was a whopper for SPA1 PHEV…

Reactions: aptosca

· Premium Member
5,472 Posts
Last year‘s week 46 was a whopper for SPA1 PHEV…
Yes... but most years aren't, and they annoyingly separate it on the owners manual page and some other spots. And even for last year... all they had to do was split up the ER cars and none ER cars.. the rest wasn't that big of a difference.

Volvo references weeks quite often in dealer memos. Are they no longer European?

Reactions: aptosca

· Premium Member
5,472 Posts
MY isn't assigned to a uniform week each year. It's a management decisions somewhere when the line switches. Some models switch earlier than others.

I've never seen any reference from Volvo by half years based on the dates. I've only ever seen weeks. Not sure if that was strictly Volvo US... but why would Volvo pick week 46 nearly every year if they weren't looking at the weeks?

· Registered
2,966 Posts
MY isn't assigned to a uniform week each year. It's a management decisions somewhere when the line switches. Some models switch earlier than others.

I've never seen any reference from Volvo by half years based on the dates. I've only ever seen weeks. Not sure if that was strictly Volvo US... but why would Volvo pick week 46 nearly every year if they weren't looking at the weeks?
Perhaps you should refer the question to Volvo US

And how do you explain this?
As far as I know 46 weeks in 2021, the first day is November 15

I emailed Customer care to ask if my 2022 XC60 was Early or Late. It was built December 3, 2021 and they responded that my car was an Early model.
December 3, 2021 is 48th week

· Premium Member
5,472 Posts
I have. Frankly they are retarded. I've asked regarding this very question and get a different answer each time. And to my point.. it doesn't matter at all if you're early or late. You have features or you don't. And the week they normally make changes is week 46.

· Premium Member
5,472 Posts
Also, if it was a real thing you could ask your dealer if a car was early or late. We've yet to find anything. I've checked with parts and service as well.

Reactions: Walkabout

· Registered
2,966 Posts
I have. Frankly they are retarded. I've asked regarding this very question and get a different answer each time. And to my point.. it doesn't matter at all if you're early or late. You have features or you don't. And the week they normally make changes is week 46.
Unfortunately, in some cases, managers make strange decisions, not only at Volvo, but also at other brands
I remember in 2015 when I ordered a BMW, I chose the M exterior package and when I decided on the metallic white color I got the answer that that color could not be used with the M package. All other colors are possible, even plain white, but not metallic?

· Registered
104 Posts
So, according to my dealer, the build finish date was supposed to be November 18th. Following this discussion, it would seem my XC60 would then be a '23 MY early build. Is this accurate, or just a fugazi?

· Premium Member
5,472 Posts
So, according to my dealer, the build finish date was supposed to be November 18th. Following this discussion, it would seem my XC60 would then be a '23 MY early build. Is this accurate, or just a fugazi?
It really doesn't matter at all if it's early or late. Nothing changes. But if the week 46 is correct then you'd be late.

Reactions: jacko15
1 - 17 of 17 Posts