SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
'15.5 Volvo V60 Cross Country
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While a good year away, beginning to search for our lease-end options for OSD of a wagon/small crossover.

Elsewhere on Swedespeed, consensus seems that the 2016 XC70 is the last year of that model...so presume no XC70 OSD option for early 2017.

New XC90s are now readily available and the new S90 recently was announced. Any "news" on timing of the V90 or V90 XC model (albeit those may exceed our budget) ?

Is their any "light at the end of the tunnel" for U.S. Spec V40 or XC40?

Then there's the V60 and V60 XC....

Thanks for any insights from our Forum OSD experts!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Couple of different questions there ... and some require a crystal ball for good answers :)

When Volvo announced the New XC90 there was a long period of time before this vehicle actually hit the streets. I almost went with a FE (first edition) but I didn't want black ... and I wanted the PHEV (T8 = plug in hybrid). So I waited until the T8 was available via the OSD program.

In some cases cars are available in other markets (Sweden / Eu) before they're made available to the US market. In other cases cars are announced world-wide (a-la XC90 and the new S90).

While I'm really happy with the 2016 XC90 (having owned two XC90's previously - also both OSD orders) with the delay in getting the T8 to market and the recent announcement of the S90 ... there's a small part of me that may have opted for the S90 versus XC90 if I had to put an order in today (or in the next 60 days).

Maybe one thing to help would be to look at what Volvo brings to the auto shows ... earlier in 2015 at the New York auto show I think the only thing missing was the S80 ... which kind of gave one the feeling that was going to be the next car being announced (and making sense, on the same platform the XC90 is built on).

For closure - I typically make the OSD buying decision about six months prior to when I'd like to take delivery ...

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks RPM...

I realize my post is a bit of "wishful thinking" as to the future.
The XC90 is more vehicle than we want/need. The XC70 is more like our old 245 in size; larger than the V50. I imagine the V90, V90 XC might not yet be available in our decision timeframe.
Don't think the XC60 is something we'd be interested in despite its smaller size...more inclined for a wagon verses SUV type of vehicle.

I suspect my Volvo wagon choices in my lease-end, OSD timeframe, may very well be just the V60 or V60 XC...and either may be just fine for the primary driver (critical component!)

·
Premium Member
12,052 Posts
By late fall of 2016 things should be clearer as to what may be offered for OSD in and AWD model.
I will keep you informed on the options as I get them :) Merry Christmas from your buddies at UV

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
By late fall of 2016 things should be clearer as to what may be offered for OSD in and AWD model.
I will keep you informed on the options as I get them :) Merry Christmas from your buddies at UV
Tusen Takk Bob!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Bob are you saying that you think that the ( new ) XC60 will not be available to the US market til late 2016?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Bob are you saying that you think that the ( new ) XC60 will not be available to the US market til late 2016?
Following that silly question, I go back to previous discussions re:XC60. Any visibility/good guess on the new SC plant turning out the MY 2018 XC60. If so does that mean that European built models will not be available?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Following that silly question, I go back to previous discussions re:XC60. Any visibility/good guess on the new SC plant turning out the MY 2018 XC60. If so does that mean that European built models will not be available?
...to piggy back on that "future looking" question...wonder if Volvos to be made in South Carolina...will still be available for OSD purchase? Then again, maybe U.S. Factory Delivery might be an option in SC along with factory tour there (ala BMW in Spartanburg?).

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
...to piggy back on that "future looking" question...wonder if Volvos to be made in South Carolina...will still be available for OSD purchase? Then again, maybe U.S. Factory Delivery might be an option in SC along with factory tour there (ala BMW in Spartanburg?).
My understanding is a model produced in the USA would not be available for the European delivery program ....all others would continue.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Seems like an odd choice vs XC models, from what I understand BMW builds their SUV's here because of favorable tariffs for US built trucks vs foreign. Thats what they told us on the factory tour anyway.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
In late 2016, the current XC60 will be the only XC60 you can order.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
While a good year away, beginning to search for our lease-end options for OSD of a wagon/small crossover.

Elsewhere on Swedespeed, consensus seems that the 2016 XC70 is the last year of that model...so presume no XC70 OSD option for early 2017.

New XC90s are now readily available and the new S90 recently was announced. Any "news" on timing of the V90 or V90 XC model (albeit those may exceed our budget) ?

Is their any "light at the end of the tunnel" for U.S. Spec V40 or XC40?

Then there's the V60 and V60 XC....

Thanks for any insights from our Forum OSD experts!
At that time (delivery in early 2017), your wagon options will be either a V60/V60 CC or a V90/V90 CC.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
At that time (delivery in early 2017), your wagon options will be either a V60/V60 CC or a V90/V90 CC.
Thank you Yannis for that info on early 2017 OSD wagon options!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts