SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks.

I'm a 28 years old swedish guy who recently ordered my first Volvo which will be delivered in the end of April. (although I've was working with web development (mostly the old www.car.volvo.se site) at the company doing most of Volvo's Internet presence for several years.. and hey, I'm swedish.. so I'm not a newbie to the company :)

I'm really looking forward to it. Waiting is unbearable :) I have been reading most articles about it I have been able to lay my hands on since the model presentation and also test driven it twice. So, I guess you can say that I've thought this purchase over for 4 months. The only thinkable competitor as BMW 320i but it was never really a fair match. I wanted this car since the first time I saw it.

My configuration:

S60 2.4T Business (extra equipment package deal)
Manual gearbox
Tethys 7.5x17" rims
Dark Grey pearl
Offblack Nidingen leather/textile interior with sport seats
Spaceball shifter
Mesh aluminum inlays (great with spaceball and dark interior)
STC & DSTC, Passenger air bag
HU-603 with extra amp and steering wheel remote
Cruise control, Trip computer, ECC/AC

M&S wheels for winter (also with "real" rims = no caps). Engine and coupe heaters. (It gets kinda cold here sometimes)

Even though specs and options differ from markets and I haven't seen any of my fellow swedes active in this forum I hope to be able to participate and contribute.

//Magnus aka. webaholic

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Magnus,

Welcome! You are very lucky, because you had the choice of getting Dark Grey Pearl, a color which we do not get in the United States. I think that color would look really nice on the S60. It will be nice to have some more European people here to give us some new insight and contributions.

-Drew

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't think there is a "Audio max" option here in Sweden. For the 803 there's a 'Premium sound' version with Harman Kardon speakers.

But.. sadly it's almost $2000 and $4500 with the RTI navigation system (that I initially wanted but couldn't afford).

If I didn't have to care about the cost, I would get it. There's several other options I also would like to have but I had to put the limit somewhere. I started out saying that the car could cost a maximum of $25000 ... but it ended up at $32000.

This is only my second car ever..right now I have a Toyota from 1992 so... this configuration will still give me wet dreams for a year or so ;-)

/weba.

·
Registered
14 Posts
This is so unfair! Here in Finland that kind of car webaholic mentioned costs about $45000, which is something like 440 000 swedish kronas. That's why we had to buy only 2,4 liter motor and yet the car cost about $42000, because we wanted quite a lot options installed. I'm pretty jealous for all of you who get better cars with same the money!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Dear Tomi,

For your information, the S60 T-5 in Singapore costs US$105 100 and we do not get STC/DSTC.

We here read about the cost of cars in Europe/USA and feel even greater heartache.

For that amount, I think we could be driving the Porsche 911 Turbo/GT3 or even a Ferrari.

Just food for thought.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.