SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I got an Eagle BHP torque mount for $35 shipped through an Amazon seller. It ain't a walk in the park to replace. First, the legs on the mount were a little tight, so I had to find a way to carefully widen it. Seems easy, but there is a thin section in one leg that bends mid-length, so I had to get creative. Then, getting all the bolts to line up is a bear.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to tell the difference yet. We'll see if I notice more with some time. And the click I get in the suspension during acceleration and when I release the throttle is still there. Hopefully, shocks, struts and mounts will kill it.

·
Super Moderator
15,179 Posts
The click you get during acceleration is probably an axle ping noise. Some epoxy or XC90 bolt often get rid of the noise, but can make it hard to swap axles in the future.

Most times, you'll need to place a board of wood under the engine/transmission and jack it up when installing a new torque mount. Especially if your upper mounts are worn, the engine can shift a lot with the lower mount removed. Did you replace the stock Volvo mount or something else? I'm surprised you didn't notice a difference. I had a very noticeable improvement in shift feel and launch reaction in both an M66 and AW55.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Update: trashed the HD torque mount in less than 4 years and 34,000 miles. If I had to guess, fast shifts into 3rd got impossible about a year ago, so I'd guess less than 3 years and 26,000 miles.

I used to laugh at the billet PU torque mounts, but it's a must on M66 with an aggressive driver. ;) IPD goes in this weekend.

Video of trashed mount (kinda big): https://1drv.ms/v/s!AruMTzMbn2KpiC_OqrXqzqSB2GRS?e=5UHF8e

Also, thought my regular mounts were good at 65,000 miles. At 85,000, I thought I saw hydraulic fluid on the driver's side, but didn't see it underneath the mount itself. The rubber does look cracked, though, so changing the mounts too.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Thanks for the real world update. I had been tempted by the elevate mount but ultimatey decided to keep my stock mount, which is holding up well after 90k miles (of course I have the auto so not the same as your setup)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Reviving an old topic.
Does anyone got a part number for the efocus torque mount? I found this but is it correct one? CM5Z-6068-A
If im correct T5 and D5 use the same torque mount, so it should also fit D5 yes?
Trying to find the problem of an very weird vibration under acceleration. Vibration feels like shaking whole car from left to right.

P.s. Both cv axles and both motor mounts have been changed. Also got in the garage both front lower control arms with bushings, but gonna change them during winter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2007 S40 2.4i AW55-50 / 2007 C70 T5 AW55-50
671 Posts
Reviving an old topic.
Does anyone got a part number for the efocus torque mount? I found this but is it correct one? CM5Z-6068-A
If im correct T5 and D5 use the same torque mount, so it should also fit D5 yes?
Trying to find the problem of an very weird vibration under acceleration. Vibration feels like shaking whole car from left to right.

P.s. Both cv axles and both motor mounts have been changed. Also got in the garage both front lower control arms with bushings, but gonna change them during winter

Yes, that is the correct P/N.

Should fit? I’ve never seen a D5 but the subframe should be the same on petrol and diesel cars.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Checked that T5 and D5 use same torque mounts, so if this fits on T5 it will fit on my D5 aswell.
By the way, i’ve seen some of these efocus mounts for sale on ebay, but for much cheaper. Are they the same with the one in the link you just posted?

·
Registered
2007 S40 2.4i AW55-50 / 2007 C70 T5 AW55-50
671 Posts
Yes, they are exactly the same, but quality is a hit or miss. I’ve got two cheap ones in my cars. The oldest one I have (S40 2.4i). After ~3 year has developed some cracks in the bushing, and I notice a little bit of free play. But for almost 30 dollars I paid for it, I think I can’t complain. Others didn’t have luck with them.

The other in my C70 is holding up well after 1 1/2 years and 7k miles.

When the time to replace it comes, I will clean it and try to pour polyurethane resin and test how it works.

Check how much is the price difference between an genuine and a cheap one.

Here the genuine costs $110 USD vs ~$35 in ebay.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Tomorrow will check if even i can somewhere get the oem one here in Latvia. Otherwise ebay ones sound good enough, since they are cheap and they ship to LV

Thank you for the info!

Reactions: Facusan
1 - 9 of 9 Posts