SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,663 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
I want to see the s90 interior in different colors. I'm getting tired of Volvo beige, want to see it in burgundy and gray and other colors. Also that wood is just bland to me, want to see it darker. The Volvo looks pretty vertical block to me, almost reminding me of an older American car. The Mercedes seems more airy, more textured, richer, more expensive. It may be busy, but it has a similar quality to the S class. Volvo could modernize some things too, there are a few bits left from the old car. The s90 is a nice interior and such, but the interior I really like is the autonomous-concept car. I hope Volvo gets braver with the next s60 and makes it close to that interior. The Jag is just OK, I don't really like it much.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I really want to see the R-design version!

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Also that wood is just bland to me, want to see it darker. The Volvo looks pretty vertical block to me, almost reminding me of an older American car. The Mercedes seems more airy, more textured, richer, more expensive. It may be busy, but it has a similar quality to the S class. Volvo could modernize some things too, there are a few bits left from the old car. The s90 is a nice interior and such, but the interior I really like is the autonomous-concept car. I hope Volvo gets braver with the next s60 and makes it close to that interior. The Jag is just OK, I don't really like it much.
The wood, illustrated in the reveal pictures, is the one found in the Inscription trim and one of the main reasons why the Inscription take rate (thus far) in the XC90 exceeds 70%. Momentum and Momentum Plus will have the shinier, darker wood trim.

Features from the autonomous concept car will eventually trickle into production cars, when ready and/or appropriate.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Yeah, S90 between these 3. Not sure what Merc is doing here, a closer version of the C-class would be better.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Which looks SUPER!!
How about a splash of gray to liven things up? My Goodness! Raise your hand if you own an R-Design and envy those with beechwood? ;)

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
How about a splash of gray to liven things up? My Goodness! Raise your hand if you own an R-Design and envy those with beechwood? ;)
I totally agree. However, I am not in charge of product...

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Good for the S90! New E class looks neat in pictures, but have to see in person...

But the Jaguar is underrated. The new Jag interiors are stunning in real life, in my experience... For me, it's likely Volvo versus Jaguar for my next car. (And Jaguar has the superior paint color palette.)

The true test of any of these interiors is how livable they are, and it takes some serious seat time to determine that. I assume the S90 works fine, based on my XC90 experience.

Follow my new XC90 @VolvoVigil

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Good for the S90! New E class looks neat in pictures, but have to see in person...

But the Jaguar is underrated. The new Jag interiors are stunning in real life, in my experience... For me, it's likely Volvo versus Jaguar for my next car. (And Jaguar has the superior paint color palette.)

The true test of any of these interiors is how livable they are, and it takes some serious seat time to determine that. I assume the S90 works fine, based on my XC90 experience.

Follow my new XC90 @VolvoVigil
I'd definitely have to disagree, Jaguar/LandRovers might look nice in person, but they're still horribly built. By far the worst put-together cars from European brands (including my Fiat's not-so-stellar one). They all rattle and squeak from the brittle plastic that is underneath any leather/wood/aluminum trim, the seats are great though(something my Fiat can't claim) . The key fobs on them are another joke, 95% of the ones I see have the buttons sunk in to where it barely works. The only other particularly bad interior piece I can compare would be the shift lever on a lot of automatic BMWs since the mechanism is very cheap and they seemingly all start going bad after 5-6 years.

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
The only other particularly bad interior piece I can compare would be the shift lever on a lot of automatic BMWs since the mechanism is very cheap and they seemingly all start going bad after 5-6 years.
Not sure what you're talking about here. I belong to two different BMW Forums and this is not a common problem at all. The shifter is nothing more than a big switch...very little to wear out.

Now that stupid jag shifter which pops up and down every time you start the car....what could go wrong with that? LOL.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Not sure what you're talking about here. I belong to two different BMW Forums and this is not a common problem at all. The shifter is nothing more than a big switch...very little to wear out.
That's what I thought before I started driving all of them at work. Lots of them feel like they're going to pop out of their "socket", but like I said, it definitely feels like a wear item as only older ones have the issue. It could be from their owners pulling too hard/fast on it. This could be from the fact that I drive everyday people's cars (valet in downtown L.A.) so it's not like everyday people take care of their cars nearly as well as car enthusiasts do. I'm kinda glad I got this job because it definitely helps to see which brands I can look forward to after I graduate university! :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts