SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lol! Actually this is just for gits and shiggles... how many of you guys with the Geartronic Transmission still pull the E-Brake when parked (at least 75% of the time)???

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Re: E-Brake Question!! MANDATORY RESPONSE NEEDED!!! (s40boy)

I think it is a law in some states (Wa?) but I am now out of the habit. I only pull it when I am parked on any sort of incline.

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
Re: E-Brake Question!! MANDATORY RESPONSE NEEDED!!! (carreragt7)

Quote, originally posted by carreragt7 »
I think it is a law in some states (Wa?) but I am now out of the habit. I only pull it when I am parked on any sort of incline.

I don't doubt that it's the law up here. Just to shed some light on WA laws....
WA also has a law that you have to back into your driveway.
In Seattle, Washington, it is illegal to carry a concealed weapon that is over six feet in length.
In Auburn Men who deflower virgins, regardless of age or marital status, may face up to five years in jail.
In Wilber, WA, You may not ride an ugly horse
In WA State, All lollipops are banned.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Re: E-Brake Question!! MANDATORY RESPONSE NEEDED!!! (mad matt)

LOL.

I love the fact that you can park either way on the side of the road in Wa. Not sure I explained that very well but I got in the habit then moved here and almost got a ticket.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I like the "you can only park on the side of the street you can drive on" law. It makes it easy to tell if you're turning onto a one way street or not, if all the cars are facing one way regardless of which side of the street they're parked on.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Re: (mattdoc)

I HATE one way streets. They are more pain than they are worth...and Seattle area has a ton of them.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I've always had an automatic but for as long as I can remember I have always used the e-brake when parking. I don't think its too bad of a habit...

so we fighting now or what??

·
Registered
1,500 Posts

Quote, originally posted by mad matt »

In Auburn Men who deflower virgins, regardless of age or marital status, may face up to five years in jail.
what i live in auburn.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (carreragt7)

Quote, originally posted by carreragt7 »
I HATE one way streets. They are more pain than they are worth...and Seattle area has a ton of them.

I LOVE traffic circles!!! They are WAY better / more efficient than traffic lights... too bad they are a rare sight to see in the south!

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Re: (s40boy)

They are super fun driving around in the middle of the night.
That is where I first tested out my car tires.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (carreragt7)

And one better is blocking in tourists when they dont know how a traffic circle works! LMAO! I can be a dick sometimes, but its soo funny how confused they get!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Im used to it because I used to do it with my old CRV, i park on a flat rock pad though lol. I get the most use of out my E-brake when i kick the rear end out into turns going 25-40...in the city

·
Registered
257 Posts
if u knew what tiny little half moon piece of metal held your car in place u would put your ebrake up... i suggest it...i have a 6 spd so obviously i do.. but im a mechanic and know what those little holders look like ....i can bend it with my hands

·
Registered
1,397 Posts

Quote, originally posted by mad matt »

I don't doubt that it's the law up here. Just to shed some light on WA laws....
WA also has a law that you have to back into your driveway.
In Seattle, Washington, it is illegal to carry a concealed weapon that is over six feet in length.
In Wilber, WA, You may not ride an ugly horse
In WA State, All lollipops are banned.

So you aren't allowed to drive straight into your driveway, and you can't buy a lollipop anywhere? haha.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.