SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

We ran an 850R at stock levels for a test... about 10% high.

I've got some SERIOUS tuning to do. 4th gear pull

So peak power then it drops... I think its all from running lean. I'll throw the piggyback on as soon as the new one shows up and fix it, it might put up more power but atleast hold it to redline now.

Figured out what was going on with Carsons... his fancy Defi was reading 5psi HIGH! we hooked it up the map sensor on the dyno and went hmm... thats odd LOL. MUCH better now too. He put down 300 at 16psi, I retimed his cams and picked up 320.

Im happy :-D Even if you figure its reading 20% high its still 360'ish WHP. So 15% is 385, 10% (closer to what we saw) is about 400whp.

Let the flaming begin.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Re: Dyno'd the T5R finally (doug242ti)

all that sweat finally got some numbers

are u gonna try to get the torque curve flatter up top? it seems to tail a bit..

as for carson, so he was boosting almost 20 psi?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Re: Dyno'd the T5R finally (steve s)

Well, I "thought" I was boosting 18psi before I got on the dyno... After the 1st pull, they say:

"You know you're only boosting 14psi, right?"
-my response- "huh?" *blank stare

So, we put the car at full load and lock the speed (so we can adjust the MBC on the fly with the car under load), and we set it to 18psi according to their digital gauge. So, we start the next run and they freak out from a little spark blow out
We turn the boost down to 17psi and do a full run up to 325 (after we toyed with the cams too). The 17psi is real, but my gauge was reading 22+psi

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote, originally posted by steve s »
all that sweat finally got some numbers

are u gonna try to get the torque curve flatter up top? it seems to tail a bit..

as for carson, so he was boosting almost 20 psi?

Absolutely. Theres a new version of civinco (a few small changes, but direct USB connection is the main one Im looking forward too) that should be shipping in another week or two. Soon as it gets here I'll get the AFR's under control. The torque curve is nice and long... but not as smooth as I'd like. AFR's up top are scary lean. I already have a map "made" in civinco, just waiting for it to get here. Should be alot better once its on.

I gotta be good and not beat on it till then though.. good thing seattle doesn't really have anywhere to run the car out

·
Registered
4,395 Posts

Wow.

http://********************/smile/emthup.gif http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,304 Posts

i forget, did u get the normal manual tranny? or the one with the lsd? how's it putting the power down on the front wheels on open diffs? just wondering how ur forearms and biceps are

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote, originally posted by steve s »
i forget, did u get the normal manual tranny? or the one with the lsd? how's it putting the power down on the front wheels on open diffs? just wondering how ur forearms and biceps are

M56H waiting on quiafe ;-)

You know the torque steer isn't really an issue. The RT615's are WAY worse about the pavement up here than the torque steer is. Carsons driven the car too (one time when I was passed out... grrr lol) he could chime in a bit better.

but open diff ftl. It just burns them till about 70-75

·
Registered
10,097 Posts

Great numbers Doug! Although they appear more representative for crank numbers.

Better do something about that AFR asap or you might end up like me,

From what i have seen so far I estimate a corrected fuel trim will set you back ~6% in power at the part which is lean at this moment. Still great numbers and right where I hope to be with the GT2871.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Dyno'd the T5R finally (Johann)

Quote, originally posted by Johann »
Great numbers Doug! Although they appear more representative for crank numbers.

Better do something about that AFR asap or you might end up like me,

From what i have seen so far I estimate a corrected fuel trim will set you back ~6% in power at the part which is lean at this moment. Still great numbers and right where I hope to be with the GT2871.

I saw that and went... ok guys thats enough pulls
Its been pretty good in the respect that I haven't been able to really to wring it out anywhere.

Hurt SDII eh? noooooo!

(I agree about the numbers, thats exactly why it was nice to run a stocker to compare against finally. You know how dyno's are).

6% sounds about right for what I was guessing. I'll be happy if it just holds its peak number to redline... though it will (like you said) improve some just making it "safe". Im pretty happy with it, this is its true street config (pump gas, with a cat still).

Doug

:edit: You know looking at the numbers too, looks to me like theres another 15ft/lbs to be had between 3 and 4000rpm. Its pretty fat there.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh Johann, I think your going to be really happy with the 2871R. One of my 242 buds built his drift car around the same turbo, I think the response will be perfect for a ring car. He absolutely loves it.

The response out of my 3071R really suites my tastes. I think if I had total control a bit of ignition advance from 2-2800rpm would really wake it up a bit... but Im not sure I'll change anything down that low.

Doug

·
Registered
302 Posts
Re: (doug242ti)

454 hp!!!!!!!!!! 434 lbs-ft torque!!! Good Lord man...thats a rocket!!!!!!!!

Aswsome man...your an inspirition to all T5-R owners!!
http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
What was the boost level on your run Doug?

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: (BlkT5)

Quote, originally posted by BlkT5 »
What was the boost level on your run Doug?

18psi. Pretty much at 18psi from 3600rpm on.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts