SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm not sure how to post the results. She was smooth to 125mph in 4th. But then she had to work to get over 130mph. She did better than I expected though. 230whp and 284lbs of wheel torque.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Can you scan the graph on your printer, save the image as JPG or PNG, then post?
You're a non-tuned GT, so you have at least a torque limiter that needs to be removed.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is there a dedicated section for Dyno logs? Or is that over at VolvoSpeed?

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Pretty darn good...284ft-lbs.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bumping this up. Is there a dedicated Dyno section here on swedespeed?

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
That's a very low WHP.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
HP=Torque*RPM/5252

Soooo, since these cars have exceptionally low rev limits, it's pretty normal to see high TQ, low HP numbers on a dyno. 284 lb-ft is ridiculously high for a stage 0 car, you sure it's stock?

to the OP- no, there's no dedicated section. Post it in the subforum appropriate for your vehicle.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
HP=Torque*RPM/5252

Soooo, since these cars have exceptionally low rev limits, it's pretty normal to see high TQ, low HP numbers on a dyno. 284 lb-ft is ridiculously high for a stage 0 car, you sure it's stock?

to the OP- no, there's no dedicated section. Post it in the subforum appropriate for your vehicle.
Still seems very low HP for the torque generated. Say for example that you have 284 ft-lb torque, you are making 230 hp at only ~4200 RPM. At 5500 RPM, you are only making 220 ft-lb to reach 230 whp. I'd like to see a chart because this just seems funky. Is there one in the video? I can't watch it.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I did a total of 6 runs. Two in each mode (Comfort/Sport/Advanced) to get a true baseline to compare with when I install ARD's Multi Map Selection. I may have misread the charts as I scanned through them. I'll jpeg one of the printouts and post it. That should remove "User Error".

·
Registered
614 Posts
What is your goal number wise? I see in your sig that you have plans to mod which is good. I personally would be SUPER happy with 300whp and I really feel it is achievable with a strong stage 2 build. Does anyone know what the highest whp numbers are for a non upgraded turbo R? Like I said, I would guess around 300whp but does anyone have a graph showing 300whp with no ungraded turbos/engine rebuild.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What is your goal number wise? I see in your sig that you have plans to mod which is good. I personally would be SUPER happy with 300whp and I really feel it is achievable with a strong stage 2 build. Does anyone know what the highest whp numbers are for a non upgraded turbo R? Like I said, I would guess around 300whp but does anyone have a graph showing 300whp with no ungraded turbos/engine rebuild.
First round of mods I want to get close to 300whp. My understanding is the caR is still pretty reliable at this power range. Once I get a chance to run the car a bit I'll decide if I want to upgrade the turbo. ...after that, if I get a wild hair up my butt to go faster, I may buy a short block, build it and then swap engines.

·
Registered
113 Posts
i have often wondered the same thing, because shooting for a 300whp car seems fairly reasonable considering stock it is roughly 230whp, but what i would really like to see, is a 300whp car with equal or greater torque numbers, because torque is more important to me then max hp.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
iwant one;1937730[B said:
]Yeah 300whp in a 3700 lbs car[/B] isn't going to be the fastest thing out there but for a fairly low priced, comfortable daily driver you can't ask for much more.
Haha!! SAE says 4015lbs for my caR. 10-12lbs/hp is where cars start to get comfortable for me. So I know I'd want about 335whp as a minimum to truly be happy. :)

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
i have often wondered the same thing, because shooting for a 300whp car seems fairly reasonable considering stock it is roughly 230whp, but what i would really like to see, is a 300whp car with equal or greater torque numbers, because torque is more important to me then max hp.
at 300 whp on a stage 2 build (which frankly isn't too likely, but hey you're allowed to dream) you'd be around 370-380 lb-ft.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts