SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys!

My car got dynoed today!

I figured I'd post some results and some graphs.

Feel free to point out what may have gone wrong, or what went right. My mods are in my signature. I pretty much have all of the usual bolt-ons minus a FMIC and a tune which are both in the near future.

Well enjoy the graphs, I will update the post later with some videos I took once I have a change to upload them!

THANKS!

Basically my car made:
250hp
280torque

With a spike to 280 hp at the end of fourth gear

Ya and to just clarify one last time, The car spiked to 272 or 280hp at the end....Which I thins is due to the fact that I need to change my plugs if not my coils as well.

But the real numbers were 250hp/285lbs :)

Heres the promised Videos!!!

Warming up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxAmaNRtY_8&feature=youtu.be

3rd gear pull
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IVhmIVKcWg&feature=youtu.be

4th gear pull
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsmFXQorp3c&feature=youtu.be

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
I need to get my car re-dyno'd... Nice results.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Nice Connor. I see you went to ESP. That is where the guys on the forum have been going for the annual dyno day for the past few years. Very nice facility they have there and the guys are great to. How much did you pay since you went by yourself? They give us a discount if you attend the dyno day.

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Nice Connor. I see you went to ESP. That is where the guys on the forum have been going for the annual dyno day for the past few years. Very nice facility they have there and the guys are great to. How much did you pay since you went by yourself? They give us a discount if you attend the dyno day.
price was $100. though I will need to go back in a month or two! :0

ANOTHER DYNO DAY PLEASE :)

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Why?

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Excellent. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Looking good. Make me wonder where I'm at in my R??? Thanks for sharing the results.

Out of curiosity (and not wanting to search right now :p) what's the agreed upon drive train loss for our caR's? 15%? More?

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Sweet! I will have to find an awd dyno in the DC area soon to get some baseline numbers.

Assuming 20% driveline loss, your HP is 312.5 at the crank. If torque can be assumed to have the same proportional loss, your lb-ft of torque is 356 at the crank. Not too shabby for no FMIC or tune!

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You need a tune
Working on it, next month or two :)

Sweet! I will have to find an awd dyno in the DC area soon to get some baseline numbers.

Assuming 20% driveline loss, your HP is 312.5 at the crank. If torque can be assumed to have the same proportional loss, your lb-ft of torque is 356 at the crank. Not too shabby for no FMIC or tune!
This freakin whips as it is...It scares all my friends :D I cant imagine this thing tuned! haha. waiting for the $$ will be the worst part :))

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thats interesting bc my car made 250/270 bone stock. those mods must really not be worth anything without a tune but you wouldnt think that.

ill be getting my car re dyno'd next month so we shall see what a tune really does.
it is all different for each car....They had an R during a dyno event that put down 270hp, completely stock and had well over 100k miles...so it varies and you cannot compare car to car to get a baseline :(

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Anyone know how much [if any] the GT adds to driveline loss compared to MT? I assume there's a little bit there, but don't know if it would make a noticeable difference. :D

1 - 20 of 35 Posts