SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not having any luck finding details on the Dynamic Package. What I'm looking for are: How much is the car lowered? An inch, 2, 4?? And other than better cornering, how is the ride changed compared to the the standard chassis configuration? Is it stiffer or the same. If it's stiffer, is it really a noticable difference? Since none of the dealers in my area have an S80 with this package, I'm not able to drive one. Why would I want this package?

If anyone can offer a perspective or answers, I'd be very grateful :)

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
I'm not having any luck finding details on the Dynamic Package. What I'm looking for are: How much is the car lowered? An inch, 2, 4?? And other than better cornering, how is the ride changed compared to the the standard chassis configuration? Is it stiffer or the same. If it's stiffer, is it really a noticable difference? Since none of the dealers in my area have an S80 with this package, I'm not able to drive one. Why would I want this package?

If anyone can offer a perspective or answers, I'd be very grateful :)
Mark,

I do not believe the car is lowered significantly, if at all, but it does have a different chassis; the regular chassis is the Comfort setting whereas the Dynamic package changes that to a Sport chassis which involves different springs and bushings. Not sure how I can quantify the difference between the two rides but I do not believe it is going to be as stiff of a ride as the R-design chassis in the S60 or XC60 whose chassis is stiffer and all the way to Advanced.

Why would you want it? Other than enhancing the handling and feel of a larger sedan like the S80, the new IRZA wheels are just awesome looking (double 5-spokes), the steering wheel is sportier (3-spoke), seats provide better lateral support and the aluminum inlays are sanded silver.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mark,

I do not believe the car is lowered significantly, if at all, but it does have a different chassis; the regular chassis is the Comfort setting whereas the Dynamic package changes that to a Sport chassis which involves different springs and bushings. Not sure how I can quantify the difference between the two rides but I do not believe it is going to be as stiff of a ride as the R-design chassis in the S60 or XC60 whose chassis is stiffer and all the way to Advanced.

Why would you want it? Other than enhancing the handling and feel of a larger sedan like the S80, the new IRZA wheels are just awesome looking (double 5-spokes), the steering wheel is sportier (3-spoke), seats provide better lateral support and the aluminum inlays are sanded silver.
Helpful, thanks Yannis.
I didnt see a description that indicated an IRZA wheel, just the Fortuna (I think) . Got a pic by chance?

As for the ride, this car is for my wife. She's not wanting too sporty a car, so too much stiffer could be a problem. She does want the sanded silver inlays, which I dont see as an option for OSD. Any way to compare the sport version ride to a BMW 3 or E350 MB? These were the runners up, but lost out to scandinavian styling

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm wanting to add this package but the wife is concerned about how much different the sport seat will feel. Seats have been a big issue as we have searched for a car for her...Any opinions available? Is an S60 seat similiar to the dynamic package seats in an S80? is there really any true difference?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I know it was a somewhat different package in 2010, but the dynamic package at that time had Nivomat air shocks (no longer the case). It did lower the car by 1 inch in the front and 1/2 inch in the rear. It was also the only way to get the HID headlamps with curve following feature. In 2010, it created a completely different animal in terms of the handling capability.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts