SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pull down dvd screen (ie. the one is positioned on the roof of the 2nd row, and automatically comes down). The problem is when I put it up in the closed position, it is constantly vibrating and rattling....<p>anyone have is this problem...or can anyone suggest a solution to this????

·
Registered
827 Posts
Re: DVD screen rattling all the time!! (S80-T6_Toronto)

<p>IS the 2006 still in warranty? Probably is, take it in...<p>If you need to do it yourself, then you will need to work on where the rattle is in the unit. What<br>have you tried to determine this?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Re: DVD screen rattling all the time!! (dmd)

Assuming no warranty or if you don't bother ...<p>Once you find the source of the rattle, a small stick-on felt or rubber pad in the proper place should solve it.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: DVD screen rattling all the time!! (sol)

thanks guys....yup ...no warranty.<p>basically the screen, in closed position, is vibrating up and down. if i place my hand on the close screen and push up slightly....then there is no sound. <p>i need the screen to be more 'snug' in the unit when it is closed.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Re: DVD screen rattling all the time!! (S80-T6_Toronto)

<br>First stick some thin felt pads where the screen hits. If it still rattles, uses a little thicker<br>pad. Stick them to the base unit, not on the screen so it looks better when the screen is<br>down.<p> <br>Same idea as above.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts