SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone knows why there is no dvd monitor option for 2nd/3rd row passengers on XC90? I asked the dealer/agent when I tested one here in dfw. he said it's not necessary anymore because children are now using tablets... :confused:

i really love how the dvd player/monitor on our car entertain our kids while traveling and think would be a good option on XC90 to have.

·
Registered
366 Posts
People still using DVDs?:confused:
Probably because decisions have to be made in new models about using current or future technology or just being ready for what's next. Tablets are pretty common and usually easier to acquire. I am sure I have seen independent sources of those back seat DVD players and that may factor into the decision not to include them in this new model.

·
Registered
602 Posts
yup no more DVD's, only the base. DVD's cost about $2000. You can buy alot of Ipads for that. Plus a game on an ipad is more educational then just watching a tv and staring.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I think its the Excellence Lounge that has the one big screen? The XC90 Excellence has the dual IPad holders you can see the circular home button in a lot of pics.

Here's a pic with the Ipad's removed:

http://www.germancarforum.com/threads/2015-volvo-xc90.51488/page-11
Interesting! Volvo's press release about the XC90 Excellence refers to them as 'touch screens' without specifying what kind and that they are removable. I assume they are the same Ipad/tablet holders Volvo offer as accessories for all XC90s.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts