SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I have an OEM iPod connector in my R, and I've had a couple of issues with it. With my daughters nano, it works just fine, sees the various playlists, allows it to change, etc.

My other daughter loaned me her iPod touch 2nd gen, and it has real issues finding the music on it. If I set the iPod up to a group of music, and then plug it in, it will play it, but I can't change tracks or anything... it just locks up if you try to control it through the radio. Is this anywhere near normal, or is it the iPod, or the crappy Volvo interface?

Second, is the adapter supposed to power the iPod unit? Mine shows that it doesn't on either of the iPods I've plugged into it, and they use the battery power of the iPod instead, is this normal?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bueller? Bueller? Anyone?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought one of these on Amazon to solve the same charging problem. It works as advertised.

Scosche passPORT Charging Adapter for iPod & iPhone (Black)

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
I believe the specs on the Apple adapter changed. Older Apple devices work while newer will not charge.
That's what happened with me so I pulled the OEM and went with the iMIV.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The old iPods charged on the FireWire pins and the new iPods charge on the USB pins. For less than $20 that Scosche adapter goes in-line between the Volvo iPod cable and the iPhone and remaps the pins so you can charge and play tunes at the same time.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Interesting. And good to know.

Now if I could just get the blasted thing to interface better. What's weird is, the Nano is newer than the ipod touch, but it works fine... the stupid touch doesn't... but that's another fight for another day. Oh, and neither the Nano nor the touch show charges, so that makes sense.

Thanks again, everyone!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts